[Skyrim SE] long wait for enb caching

fixing bugs
  • Author

[Skyrim SE] long wait for enb caching

It is a couple of days my skyrim SE takes very long to land to the main menu starting page. I deleted the Nvidia DX cache but I other times I did it it had different behavior. Other times first time after deleting it was taking long but it was using 100% CPU to generate the cache. And after first time it was very fast. Now instead it takes long everytime and the CPU was never more than 15%. What might be happening? help please

Re: [Skyrim SE] long wait for enb caching

I checked I have ShaderCache=true in the enblocal.ini and activated again caching of my nvidia GPU, (I set 100giga, does it matter the size? problem I had also with unlimited and driver default)

I wanted to add that cache folder have new caching files ( even if it is only 70 megabytes now...from a previously couple of giga) and that removing ENB both dll files Skyrim load very fast like before... so it is the enb shaders caching. It's so strange it stays everytime like 5 minutes with CPU at 15% , it seems like CPU usage is capped... I have no idea how

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Turn off shader caching in the enblocal.ini is the best option for you, because this feature is no longer supported due to some mods or mod managers which destroy it's functionality. But if you want to keep searching, disable shader cache in the Steam setting, dont touch video driver caching at all, it just need to be enabled and nothing else. When changing something in the mod editor or in the ini files, then cache is rebuild each time, but it takes only maybe 40 seconds to build it using very old computer like mine, so any issues comes from software you have running, anivirus, windows defender or something else useless.

The reason is the not light version of this mod, i guess reflections calculations can't be cached... when I downloaded it was not specified, now the page description explains better.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/90210

Still I think it's a pity the calculation use only 15% of my CPU... checking with lasso it shows how the calculation uses only 2 cores at 100% and not all CPU cores :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You came to complain to me after installing that fake not working shit made by AI? Seriously?

well, no I was trying to understand and your comment might be very useful anyway :good: I didn't notice much changes with that "ray tracing" honestly

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Because it's not raytracing, it's a thing to earn DP, which do not work but only waste performance.

thanks a lot for clarifying! :good: and btw thanks a lot for the ENB amazing work! :Bravo: