Water ripples strange bug

fixing bugs
  • Author

Water ripples strange bug

Hi. I have something similar to those problems in my game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H7CIMzS_MA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0Oo2ChZkE

basically as I move in water in 1st person view water ripples are like 3-4meters in front of me. When switching to 3rd person view it suddenly or after 3-4 sec gets back to normal. Basically if I disable water under [Effects] in enb menu ingame (or set EnableWater=false in enbseries.ini) the problem is gone. Tested with different enb presets. And the problem is with calm waters like in Morthal for example.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Water ripples strange bug

I cannot fix what cannot see myself in the game and this is first time someone report me such issue. So most likely it's conflict with some another mod and you have to find out which one.

Did a thorough test, disabled tons of mods, tried fresh game and this is the conclusion....

The problem is strange because so far I have noticed it only in Morthal area. And it happens only with combination of ENB preset + RWT. Only RWT without ENB enabled = no problem. Only ENB without RWT (Vanilla water or other water mod) = no problem.

This is a link to my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El8NQkIH6ls

Can live with it but curious if it is fixable :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i'll check that later, will post results in this topic or in site news as update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I installed realistic water two mod manually from 000 Core (Required 4K) folder. Teleported in the same place from your video and didn't see any bug with water enabled. Maybe need install something else from it or different enbseries.ini setting. Also i am very much doubt it's bug in the enbseries, you can check older version and if bug not there, then most likely bug on my side, otherwise no (then most likely you have some incompatible mod or skse plugin).

Ok. Thanks. Will check with different versions of enb binaries and few other options.

Ok. I narrowed it down to `EnableDisplacement` option in enb. If I set it to false problem is fixed. I was tinkering with this option earlier but without hitting apply button in enb menu thats why there was no change. Im not sure what exactly it does as I didnt notieced any difference with true/false and still have ripples and displacement in water. So, problem is fixed but still have no idea whats the main culprit as nobody else is reporting the same problem. BTW, this is on Skyrim AE Steam 1.6.353, Rudy`s ENB for OW and RWT. Have also GOG 1.6.659 version, will install only RWT+Rudy`s ENB there and check.

Ok. Its final, found the culprit. STEP guide recommend to untick `reflect sky` in Details BETHini tab under Water settings. If you enable it back problem is fixed. I tested it thoroughly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Are you sure if displacement enabled that guide thing disabled it do work correctly, so only info from guide is incorrect?

xbk123 wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 12:55 Ok. I narrowed it down to `EnableDisplacement` option in enb. If I set it to false problem is fixed. I was tinkering with this option earlier but without hitting apply button in enb menu thats why there was no change. Im not sure what exactly it does as I didnt notieced any difference with true/false and still have ripples and displacement in water. So, problem is fixed but still have no idea whats the main culprit as nobody else is reporting the same problem. BTW, this is on Skyrim AE Steam 1.6.353, Rudy`s ENB for OW and RWT. Have also GOG 1.6.659 version, will install only RWT+Rudy`s ENB there and check.
This is irrelevant.