ENB Water Reflection Bug with Improved Camera SE v1.0.0

fixing bugs
  • Author

ENB Water Reflection Bug with Improved Camera SE v1.0.0

With ArranzCNL's ImprovedCameraSE v1.0.0 (Preview Release 4), ENB's water reflections become suddenly very and opaque when looking down past the NearDistancePitchThreshold setting in ImprovedCamera. Increasing that mod's NearDistance setting to compensate causes body clipping, so that isn't a solution.
Interestingly, Immersive First Person View doesn't really have this issue. Even with its NearClipExteriorDown setting at 1 (default is 3 but I usually use 8), the most disturbance is minor reflection flickering.
I am currently using ENBSeries v0.483 with Skyrim SE 1.5.97.
Is this an ENB issue or an issue with the mentioned mods, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB Water Reflection Bug with Improved Camera SE v1.0.0

No idea actually. Some effects of my mod are not designed for manipulations with clipping distances of the camera (so defaults must be used) because for optimization purposes used 16 bit depth buffers and some other limitations.

I don't know what I did, but the issue is gone at the moment.
Things that changed with my game recently:
  • Uninstalled Water for ENB. (I use RW2 and wanted to try the Water for ENB textures. The issue could have been that I had forgotten to disable the Water for ENB meshes when I was still using the mod and they were causing the issue?)
    - Note: (I just reinstalled Water for ENB, disabled its esps, and kept the meshes to test it. The problem did not return, so maybe that wasn't causing the issue after all.)
  • Gerating LODs with DynDOLOD 3. (No clue how that could fix it.)
  • Updated a few mods that I can't remember.
  • The game weather changed over time. (The weather may have been part of the cause I guess.)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

A similar sounding issue occurs intermittently in the vanilla game if you quickly pan the camera between underwater and above water, i.e. the cubemap reflections become fully opaque. Not sure whether it could be related.