Skyrim SE - Light surrounding my character

fixing bugs
  • Author

Skyrim SE - Light surrounding my character

Hi guys, I'm having a slight issue where my character is surrounded by a glow of light as he moves, it's mostly visible in snowy areas.

Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DluqLtcNBWM

I'm using the following weather and lighting mods along with ENB:
ELFX + Enhancer
Obsidian Weathers and Seasons
ENB Light

I have tried disabling each of these mods but it doesn't seem to have an effect. When I turn off the ENB, issue is gone. I'm not very familiar with tweaking ENB settings so any help would be appreciated!

*master*

Re: Skyrim SE - Light surrounding my character

ZonatedRhyme wrote:Hi guys, I'm having a slight issue where my character is surrounded by a glow of light as he moves, it's mostly visible in snowy areas.

Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DluqLtcNBWM

I'm using the following weather and lighting mods along with ENB:
ELFX + Enhancer
Obsidian Weathers and Seasons
ENB Light

I have tried disabling each of these mods but it doesn't seem to have an effect. When I turn off the ENB, issue is gone. I'm not very familiar with tweaking ENB settings so any help would be appreciated!
I think that is related to ENB Dof, try disabling it and if after that, the issue still there, try tweaking it or download the Dof.fx and Dof.ini from another ENB.
I had the same issue long time ago, but i don´t have it anymore.

*Edit: If none of that worked, try downloading another snow texture mod, just to see if there is a incompatibility for some reason with "Fluffy Snow".
Last edited by Mirx on 12 Aug 2019, 20:18, edited 3 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Never seen it before, no ideas. All youc an do is to disable effects one by one and see which one causing the issue, then tweak it.

Mirx wrote: I think that is related to ENB Dof, try disabling it and if after that, the issue still there, try tweaking it or download the Dof.fx and Dof.ini from another ENB.

*Edit: If none of that worked, try downloading another snow texture mod, just to see if there is a incompatibility for some reason with "Fluffy Snow".
Hey, so I tried both disabling ENB DOF and using DOF from another ENB (NVT) but issue is still there. Also uninstalled fluffy snow but there was no effect unfortunately.

*master*

ZonatedRhyme wrote:
Mirx wrote: I think that is related to ENB Dof, try disabling it and if after that, the issue still there, try tweaking it or download the Dof.fx and Dof.ini from another ENB.

Hey, so I tried both disabling ENB DOF and using DOF from another ENB (NVT) but issue is still there. Also uninstalled fluffy snow but there was no effect unfortunately.
I´ll be looking around to see if i also have the same issue.
I´ll be using Rudy ENB SE with Obsidian weathers.

Mirx wrote:
ZonatedRhyme wrote:

Thank you very much!

Also, I tried using a different preset (Re-Engaged) and I had the same issue but even more visibly than Rudy

*master*

Alright, i did an extensive testing trying to find a solution to that issue, but unfortunatelly, i couldn´t find a solution for that, so i came to the conclusion that it could be a game issue, not related to mods or ENB.
Here are 2 screenshots about that:
-Re-Engaged ENB enabled: https://imgur.com/gvrI65v
-Re-Engaged ENB disabled: https://imgur.com/JQUWXoe

I haven´t found that black line that moves with me allways at the same distance in other places, just sometimes in snow areas, it is hard to find at least in my case, because i had to be walking around "Windhelm" to see if i had the chance to find that. I tried with the following:

-With Obsidian Weathers
-with NAT
-disabling all weather mods
-disabling Blended Roads (mod)
-disabling ENB light (mod)
-using the defaulth Ultra config in the launcher
-Rudy ENB SE (barely noticeable)
-Re-Engaged ENB (here is more noticeable)
My game is heavily modded, so i didn´t wanted to disable all mods, because i have a lot installed, and after disabling ELFX and Foot Prints my game crashed.
If someone have another idea, please tell me.

At least on my end, it isn´t anoying because it is hard to find and barely noticeable with certain ENBs.
*Edit: It is much more noticeable without any weather mod installed and using Re-Engaged ENB for Obsidian weathers.
Now that i watch the video again, my issue doesn´t looks exactly as yours, but mine appears sometimes.

*master*

ZonatedRhyme wrote:
Mirx wrote:
ZonatedRhyme wrote:

Thank you very much!

Also, I tried using a different preset (Re-Engaged) and I had the same issue but even more visibly than Rudy
Are you using the latest binaries? or another info that you can provide?
try updating your gpu drivers, if you´re using the latest binaries, try with old ones.

Mirx wrote:Alright, i did an extensive testing trying to find a solution to that issue, but unfortunatelly, i couldn´t find a solution for that, so i came to the conclusion that it could be a game issue, not related to mods or ENB.
Here are 2 screenshots about that:
-Re-Engaged ENB enabled: https://imgur.com/gvrI65v
-Re-Engaged ENB disabled: https://imgur.com/JQUWXoe

I haven´t found that black line that moves with me allways at the same distance in other places, just sometimes in snow areas, it is hard to find at least in my case, because i had to be walking around "Windhelm" to see if i had the chance to find that. I tried with the following:

-With Obsidian Weathers
-with NAT
-disabling all weather mods
-disabling Blended Roads (mod)
-disabling ENB light (mod)
-using the defaulth Ultra config in the launcher
-Rudy ENB SE (barely noticeable)
-Re-Engaged ENB (here is more noticeable)
My game is heavily modded, so i didn´t wanted to disable all mods, because i have a lot installed, and after disabling ELFX and Foot Prints my game crashed.
If someone have another idea, please tell me.

At least on my end, it isn´t anoying because it is hard to find and barely noticeable with certain ENBs.
*Edit: It is much more noticeable without any weather mod installed and using Re-Engaged ENB for Obsidian weathers.
Thanks for all the effort!

And yes, I mainly noticed it around Windhelm too, but had the issue in Dawnstar and the snowy areas south of Falkreath as well. Anyway will just try to ignore it for now or try out a different weather mod.

Mirx wrote:
Are you using the latest binaries? or another info that you can provide?
try updating your gpu drivers, if you´re using the latest binaries, try with old ones.
Yes, I'm using latest (v0.390), will try it and see.