All black screen because of ENB

fixing bugs
  • Author

All black screen because of ENB

allright i'll try to explain everything as concrete as possible .

I tried to install the latest version of the generic enb, both wrapper and injector, but no matter what I try the same peculiar problem always seems to occur. after placing the files in the skyrim folder and booting up the game it, first of all, seems to take a little bit longer to load up. When it finally starts i can already sense that something isn't right. the fps-counter i've installed is seemingley not there, but when i get to the start up menu i can see it really faintly, but it's pitch black. when i load my any save the same problem occurs, the entire screen is pitch black. the game seems to run anyway tho and the menu does display. It's just like everything that the engine is displaying on screen is just pitch black. when i open my inventory all the weapons display as well, but against a pitch black background. Maybe the textures from terrain etc are all fucked up for some reason? when i remove the enb there's no problem at all. does anyone have got any idea what might cause this?

thanks for reading

Re: All black screen because of ENB

Did you install a preset at all? The one that comes with the binary is not intended for gameplay.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Default files cant do this anyway, so problem as usual in crapware or drivers. Don't know what kind of fps counter did you installed, but ANY software which hook in to games is incompatible, including Steam Overlay, such tools and mod can't together see what each other change in renderer states, so can't restore previous states also.
latest version of the generic enb
If you mean generic, not made for skyrim, then its incompatible with skyrim at all.

ENBSeries wrote:Default files cant do this anyway, so problem as usual in crapware or drivers. Don't know what kind of fps counter did you installed, but ANY software which hook in to games is incompatible, including Steam Overlay, such tools and mod can't together see what each other change in renderer states, so can't restore previous states also.
latest version of the generic enb
If you mean generic, not made for skyrim, then its incompatible with skyrim at all.
it was the fps counter that caused the problem, thanks for your help!