Fallout 4: Fog Artifacts disappear, or seem "negative".

fixing bugs
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4: Fog Artifacts disappear, or seem "negative".

Ehh, i can't find this fog, somewhere hidden and used not usual way, can't guarantee i fix this, but i'll try.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nevermind, made a fix in another way. But i'm sure there are other buggy fogs which depends from game video options.

this problem still seems to happen in some places. while i don't remember seeing much of it (if at all) in the regular game, it's often a problem in nuka world, for example during the clear weather, nuka variant (fw 06007e3b). the more intense the fog, the better it's noticeable.

https://i.imgur.com/TN0fdf4.png
https://i.imgur.com/c3O8u6n.png

no custom enb, just the default one with some values tweaked manually.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont have such weather id, must be some dlc or mod, so i can't check it (and no idea what nuka world is, didnt play the game).

nuka world is the final official dlc/expansion pack.

i can make a quick mod with a similar looking weather if you need. it doesn't require any assets from the dlc itself, so it should be fine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then i'm not sure about it, because different shaders do not switch just because parameters are different like colors, ther must be something else (i'm not familiar with these things). You can try, but chance is very low that this will happen, not worth your time i guess.

time's not really a problem, it takes several minutes at most. i tried, then put it into the vanilla game with no mods or any dlc installed, and the problem still happened. the weather uses only vanilla assets and shaders. maybe it's using some specific function the other weathers didn't use.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/236ssu50 ... w.esm/file

the command to activate it is fw xx000800, where xx is the mod's id. if you only have the base game and absolutely no mods or dlc it'll be 01.

set the fog for DistanceFadeDay to a large number like 100 to see the problem better, at default 1 the fog is pretty faint and barely visible in the base game's world.

then type coc AbernathyFarmExt and look around, that place causes the problem immediately when i look up the hill.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks. I tried it on amd laptop, can't see issue, but probably because video options, i cant set here maxed without having unusable performance. Can you also make screenshots of your game video setting of launcher?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i can't see bug on pc too. Maybe you have some combination of video setting which i didnt handle, try to increase parameters there to max (high or what is there).

it was the settings. after i backed up my inis and set it to ultra, the problem disapepared, and after a bit of searching i found that bScreenSpaceReflections=0 was responsible. changing it to 1 fixed the problem.