flickering problem on specularity

fixing bugs
  • Author

flickering problem on specularity

Hi Borys

no need to tell u how much I love enbs and appreciate your work
I just posted here so maybe something can be improved on a magical thing already

I noticed then when I move the light on specularity flickers, this happens on multilayer parallax mesh, i.e. the passage from the texture reflecting light to opaque is not linear but sudden (thus causing flicker)
it's almost impossible it's a texture issue, the enb simply can't handle well multiple types of specularity (I am thinking, though I accept if prooven wrong np), this white above will flicker if I move an inch (of ice type substance)

any feedback, of what is perhaps wrong, is it me, the enb or somethign else?

best regards
lucidstorm1

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: flickering problem on specularity

I need savegame and if it not happen in non modded game, then link to mods which make such ice

ENBSeries wrote:I need savegame and if it not happen in non modded game, then link to mods which make such ice
hi

glacierslab 4.2.2 B-type bumpy chiseled
don't mind the name, I didn't know how to name it. Link direct : second main
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8 ... 2157&pUp=1

problem is I have over 1000 mods (not ice related), so not gonna help from that... otherwise coc sarthaal and walk is towards the beach,
I am unable to upload a save at this time my friend, coc reference:
http://www.skyrimsearch.com/categories/ ... /Saarthal/

if problems I can upload a save later this evening (savegame I dunno how to drop it, maybe find it under download section) - u tell me, I would need to uninstall 1000 mods or reinstall everything from scratch - reason why I cannot upload a save right now, I tried right now for u but I ctd without esp plugins

Ok nevermind find the save under that mod link above, in an hour

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

https://imgur.com/a/RnXlb
I don't see anything wrong even with specular under [ENVIRONMENT] increased a lot, from torch there is no flickering at all. Did you try to turn off some of effects of the mod and check result which of them can do this? And can you make comparison images or even video (better with torch)?

this is caused too when I am increasing specularity multiplier in mesh, u first need sun to hit the wall to experience that, then the white disappears when u move, then comes back when u move back. I have a specularity map, and one normal part has different spec type then the other (different rouhgness glossiness levels)

when spec is at 0 (in mesh) this can't happen. Normal needs to have a strong spec map 2 ofc. ie not too black or grey, almost white in channel.

not the whole object mesh flickers just some parts coming from the normal+mesh (the whitest parts in image above)

I can upload a short movie tomorrow.

this happens on any normal with white spec channel and high spec multiplier in mesh (I tried to swap normals for testing)

best thx for reply

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, i need video or several screenshots for sure and more details about this issue, like what happen if turn off all effects of the mod, but keep mod enabled. I tried different combinations, but can't find what is wrong.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it can be helpful, I've checked this issue, a fresh Skyrim installation, only a few mods:

as you can see, no problems. BTW, a really great mod lucidstorm1 :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've actually seen this happen with certain presets but I'm not 100% sure of the cause without further research. My gut feeling is that it's because of increased gamma and/or direct light intensity combined with incorrect tonemapping settings (maybe even haphazard code tweaks) which in some cases results in spec receiving extreme values causing the bright speck.

Just my two cents, of course this might be something else.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux
You mean it can be that bloom very intense glow which happened earlier on some water and characters? If so, it is not bug of my mod, but how parameters of material of objects tweaked.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries
Yep that one, based on that screenshot it does look suspiciously similar.

In any case I don't believe it's a bug of the mod, rather a problem with the meshes and/or custom preset.

lucidstorm1
Is it a specific preset that you're using?