Using DoF as a horizon softener? Also: Can't get pure black?

fixing bugs
  • Author

Using DoF as a horizon softener? Also: Can't get pure black?

Two different quick questions.

1: I'm looking to use DoF strictly as a way of very slightly softening graphics rendered in the distance, as a sort of anti-aliasing cheat. But since it wasn't implemented strictly for such a use, I've encountered some issues, such as: 1) Moving around in the world space causes the blur to subtly shift about. 2) Anything near the crosshairs loses the blur. Not sure about the former (might be because I've set the focus time to 0.0), but the latter is happening obviously because it's supposed to. I'm hoping to learn what I might attempt in order to account for these issues.

2: I'm trying to tweak an ENB to my liking. Since I am not an expert at that process, all of my progress tends to be guesswork. But this has me stumped. No matter what I tweak, the blackest blacks I get out of the ENB (pitch black screen, for example) are about RGB 3,3,3. I need that to hit 0,0,0. Doesn't seem to matter what crazy numbers I enter under [ENVIRONMENT]. I already focused on enbpallete.bmp and ensured that it hits 0,0,0 on the left side of the image. Not sure what else to try.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Using DoF as a horizon softener? Also: Can't get pure bl

There is a dof like that made by users, try to find on the forum.

I think its enbeffect.fx code do brightening up. Or maybe another game post processing done after all effects of the mod, i did parameter in FIX section of enblocal, something about disabling game blur, try it. If its enbeffect.fx shader problem, try to use default. And without palette image or any other lut

ENBSeries wrote:There is a dof like that made by users, try to find on the forum.
I found something, but it doesn't seem like it's information that I could use in Fallout New Vegas, which is the game I'm currently working with. I guess I was hoping to know what tweaks I'd need to make to enbeffectprepass.fx in order to achieve the non-camera-focus, static effect I'm after.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Its very easy for those who know shaders coding. But i can't help, because not at home several weeks. Try again ask later, two weeks for example or search more.

*master*

It could also be something from the effect file, from the prepass effect file, or basically anywhere there is a chance to edit the colours. What files are you using as a base? Investigate every setting.