GTAV ENB issue, all textures are black.

fixing bugs
  • Author

GTAV ENB issue, all textures are black.

Hi guys.

Long time user of ENB for various games but never actually realised ENB had a forum in all the years. Just found the need to try and solve an issue I'm having with ENB and GTAV. Basically, I just decided to re-install GTAV with all my mods again after just buying an AMD Vega64 to replace my ageing R9 390. When I apply the global effect in the game, all textures and shadows are blacked out. I've made a youtube video of the issue hoping someone would be able to help me out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqlm5EszLk&t=58s

I've reinstalled the game 2 times and tried just the ENB v275 without any reshade applied, so just the basic ENB files, and the same problem exists. I have tried going through and disabling each function inside the ENB menu in game (shift+enter) one at a time to try and find the culprit, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I know others using the new AMD Vega cards are having the same issue. I'm using the latest drivers also. I'm also on Windows 10 x64 and all drivers are updates for all hardware.

Please can you help me, I've been trying for two days to get this sorted as this never happened on my old AMD R9 390 GPU.

thank you in advance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTAV ENB issue, all textures are black.

If this happen only with new videocard, you can try to tweak various setting in catalyst control center to reset them or to wait till better drivers will be released. I cant fix such problems

Thanks for the reply.

So there is nothing that needs to be reworked in the ENB for it to function correctly on new hardware? I was just after a rough idea of what was causing the issue. I had my own suspicion it was driver/AMD Vega 64 related and not the ENB itself, I was just looking for some sort of expert opinion on where you guys thought the issue lies.

I did go into my driver and disabled all the various settings but the problem still existed. I guess it's just a combination on brand new hardware and brand new driver.

Thank you for your time. If I resolve the issue I'll update the post.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, changes to new hardware are not required, they all functioning same way from applications side, if no bugs of course. Only game developers in the past tried to do workarounds for certain videocards or drivers, these days it's irrelevant. Don't worry, it's very common when new videocard is released, drivers for all (even old) videocards work incorrectly, both for nvidia and amd.

*master*

Same here, also with Fallout4. Oldrim and SkyrimSE are fine though :?:

year later I still have the issue