ENBSeries causing Skyrim crash

fixing bugs
  • Author

ENBSeries causing Skyrim crash

I recently built a new computer and modded skyrim, but when even the game would have gone into any loading screen it would crash. One thing of note is that I can start a new game and go through the opening sequence, but any load after that(going to an interior or exterior) along with loading that save file results in a crash. After uninstalling all my mods I found that this problem appeared when I installed the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe file. I have tried downloading and installing DirectX9 from the june 2010 redist, but that didn't work. Whenever I set UseSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true in my enblocal.ini the crash disappears, but it seems like I can't use any enb's to make Skyrim look better with this. Just some information to help troubleshooting, I have a gtx 1080 and am using the latest version of enbseries (3.15). Also by default the AutoDetectVideoMemorySize gives VideoMemorySizeMb=0, but even after manually setting AutoDetectVideoMemorySize = false and VideoMemorySizeMb = 4064 (as per the value given by VRamSizeDX9), the problem still persists. I'm pretty lost and beyond my knowledge at this point, so any help would be appreciated!

Edit: This happens with ENBSeries being the only mod involved and using the default settings for enblocal and ebseries as well. The crash is there even without SKSE. Also if I press shift+f12 to disable the gaphics effects I can load a game, and then use shift+f12 to turn it back on with no crash, but I haven't tested this that much. But if I manually go through and disable every effect it will still crash if effects are enabled

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENBSeries causing Skyrim crash

It can be because of bad drivers or because some crapware is running. Make sure there is no geforce experience, steam overlay, afterburner and many other tools which hook in to game process. Even razer and logitek services can do this.