Skyrim ENB DoF was working earlier but not anymore

fixing bugs
  • Author

Skyrim ENB DoF was working earlier but not anymore

Hello everyone
Well, I was using Grim & Somber with DOF working perfectly fine but wanted to test out a more realistic looking enb so I went with Aeon enb. The enb worked but DOF wasn't working. It was set to on in the GUI menu and was marked true in enbseries.ini. I then decided to use another enb and went with Elder Blood. Same thing happened, no DOF effects. I then went back to Grim & Somber and once again, the DOF wasn't working. I was wondering maybe it's because my gpu drivers weren't up to date but that wasn't the case since DOF still wouldn't work after I updated my drivers.

BTW I'm using windows 10 and nexus mod manager(I know :oops:)
I had heard that skyrim enb doesn't work with windows 10 but why would it work before? My enbs still work properly with DOF in New Vegas though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim ENB DoF was working earlier but not anymore

Which ENB binary are you using? If you're using 0.315 with legacy presets (i.e. not updated for 0.315) it's best to rename enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx.

Wow, thanks a lot! That did it for me

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

aufliebe wrote:Hello everyone
Well, I was using Grim & Somber with DOF working perfectly fine but wanted to test out a more realistic looking enb so I went with Aeon enb. The enb worked but DOF wasn't working. It was set to on in the GUI menu and was marked true in enbseries.ini. I then decided to use another enb and went with Elder Blood. Same thing happened, no DOF effects. I then went back to Grim & Somber and once again, the DOF wasn't working. I was wondering maybe it's because my gpu drivers weren't up to date but that wasn't the case since DOF still wouldn't work after I updated my drivers.

BTW I'm using windows 10 and nexus mod manager(I know :oops:)
I had heard that skyrim enb doesn't work with windows 10 but why would it work before? My enbs still work properly with DOF in New Vegas though.
Glad Mindflux solved the issue. Where did you hear win10 doesn't work with ENB? Never heard that before. Its always been SweetFX for Dx9 games on Win10 that has had some issues and doesn't always work for everyone.

Also if you had read the sticky note on the GS page you would have known what the issue was as I posted why I updated the GS presets to 315 and what I did - and it spelled out the DOF issue and it being moved to a new shader file.

mindflux wrote:Which ENB binary are you using? If you're using 0.315 with legacy presets (i.e. not updated for 0.315) it's best to rename enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx.
Thanks! Mindflux. I was about to post about my dof not working anymore after I did a clean install of my OS (Win 10) but this fixed it. :)