Some interior windows not responding to [WINDOWLIGHT] ??

fixing bugs
  • Author

Some interior windows not responding to [WINDOWLIGHT] ??

Let me preface my question by saying I am only using the basic wrapper version of ENBseries without a present, and the only edits I have made are to [WINDOWLIGHT]. I am not using any lighting or weather mods, nor am I using any mesh/texture replacers for any windows. I have the vanilla anti-aliasing disabled and am using SMAA.

So I am having a very strange bug, in certain interior cells none of the windows are responding to my IntensityInteriorDay settings, even with a setting of 15 they're still completely dark, much darker than the vanilla window daylight glow. This is happening in quite a few cells, but two examples are "Castle Dour" and the "Blue Palace" in Solitude, but all of the other [WINDOWLIGHT] parameters work perfectly fine. If I disable the ENB's post-processing effects in game the windows immediately brighten up and return to the vanilla daylight glow, but when I re-enable post-processing they go dark again. Like I said this is only happening in certain interior cells, the only exception being Riften where none of the interior windows in any cell respond to IntensityInteriorDay settings at all. I am using no mods which edit the problem cells. I tried installing Mindflux's particle patch which claims to fix this issue, but it didn't. I am completely dumbfound as to what could be causing this and would greatly appreciate any help. I can take some screenshots to show what I'm talking about if necessary.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Some interior windows not responding to [WINDOWLIGHT] ?

Not all windows have set properties which do work as editable and some interiors are not drawed as interiors at all because of other mods or game initial mistakes, so you should check if other non interior parameters are editable or not. If those cells are 100% interiors (and statistics spoiler in editor show it), then it's not mod bug, but simply such windows are not marked as meshes to be window lights. I need at least screenshots how to get to that places (i only know where solitude is).

Ok so I've solved the issue. It turns out some interior cells have the "show sky" option under "lighting" unchecked, this prevented the day/night cycle from functioning properly in the empty space bordering the interior cell and therefore prevented any daylight from shining through the windows during the day.

To fix this just check the "show sky" option and then select the appropriate local weather option under "region", and problem solved.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

But weather detection from sky is old, you should use enbhelper.dll for that.