[Original Skyrim] Strange black spots in distant mist

fixing bugs
  • Author

[Original Skyrim] Strange black spots in distant mist

As seen here:

I tried disabling mist anchors and changing volumetric mist settings, but I couldn't get rid of the strange black spot in the center.

Any ideas as to what this might be caused by?

Thanks.

EDIT: Turning off ENB eliminates the black spot entirely, so I'm assuming that this isn't related to my regular mods.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Original Skyrim] Strange black spots in distant mist

It's particles do something, are they snow? If you disable mist, they turn to white? If no, did you try to adjust their intensity? I don't remember if snow rendered to special transparent depth buffer and if yes, probably no way to fix, because it will break other fixes (for hair primary). Hard to say for sure now.

ENBSeries wrote:It's particles do something, are they snow? If you disable mist, they turn to white? If no, did you try to adjust their intensity? I don't remember if snow rendered to special transparent depth buffer and if yes, probably no way to fix, because it will break other fixes (for hair primary). Hard to say for sure now.
Disabling mist does remove the black spot, and reducing mist density also alleviates the problem. However, having no mist at all is ugly.

In addition, there is no snow at all in this picture; just rain.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So it's only happens in rain? If you set this:
[RAIN]
Enable=false
Is bug become weaker or dissapear?

The problem only occurs when I use a lot of ENB mist.

I will try to see if this problem occurs in other ENB presets as well.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it's this one bug you mean, then it happens because rain is 3d object, but mist is 2d depth based and even drawing rain to depth not helps much. If i will draw must on rain, then applying mist twice will make things worse, brighter particles instead of darker. I'll try to think about it, but very sceptic. Thanks for report anyway.

Thanks for the attention Boris, but the "black spot" I specified in the image was the big gray patch in the mist near the center, not the color of the rain droplets.

Sorry for not making that immediately clear.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Isn't it water? I can barely see it. Anyway, if this is only something strange with mist, but there is no actual object there like that, then i can't do anything, because mist is depth based and everything drawed to depth (even invisible) will be fogged. It can be game bug or some mod have invalid mesh left. Better to make more screenshots and from world map too, so i could check (with [MIST] parameters).