GTA SA Not launching with d3d9.dll

fixing bugs
  • Author

GTA SA Not launching with d3d9.dll

Hello, I've been having an issue where I can't use ENB for GTA SA. Whenever I install an ENB and attempt to launch the game, nothing happens, the game is completely unresponsive and doesn't do anything. I've checked the task manager and it said that the game was running but I can't get the game to launch. The only way I can fix this issue is if I remove d3d9.dll from the game but then I can't use ENB. I'm currently running a GTX 1080 and I'm on Windows 10 which I believe is the issue. I've tried many things to try and solve the issue but nothing got my game to launch. Just as a note, the computer I'm using was built a few days ago so I might not have something installed or I didn't remove something that came with Windows 10 that can be causing this issue. I would appreciate it if someone can help me solve this issue and get my game running while using ENB.

Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA SA Not launching with d3d9.dll

Win10 is the issue and i very much doubt that it will be ever fixed, i hate this OS and never pay for it.

ENBSeries wrote:Win10 is the issue and i very much doubt that it will be ever fixed, i hate this OS and never pay for it.
There has to be a way to fix this. I'm not upgrading to Windows 7 because I have an i5-7600k and I don't want to run into any issues when installing drivers, etc.
Is there really no fix to this issue? I've seen others with this issue as well.
Thanks for the reply by the way.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course there should be solution, but i don't know it. Better to search lucky people who have no problem and compare what they did to OS. I can't buy win10 just for testing what can be wrong, MS will f* up everything again sooner or later.

ENBSeries wrote:Of course there should be solution, but i don't know it. Better to search lucky people who have no problem and compare what they did to OS. I can't buy win10 just for testing what can be wrong, MS will f* up everything again sooner or later.
Alright, I actually looked through this forum and supposedly it's some type of "crapware" interfering with d3d9.dll causing the game not to launch or respond? I want to remove this crapware but I don't know what it is and where's it's located so I really need some support on that.
Thanks.

I just found this program that allows me to remove "crapware", I'm not sure if this is the crapware you're talking about or not. I'm also not sure whether these apps might be important or not to remove (don't want to damage anything).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try to remove/disable Xbox related everything. If it helps, report here please.

ENBSeries wrote:Try to remove/disable Xbox related everything. If it helps, report here please.
I removed Xbox trash and still nothing. But as soon as I take d3d9.dll out of my directory the game works just fine. Something isn't right here. It has to be some crapware running in the background and I really need help finding it. Can you help me over teamviewer or maybe I can show you some screenshots? I can't seem to find what crapware is causing the issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, teamviewer will not help, it is too complex to dig and i'm sure that require to not just disable something in W10, but debugging. Better don't waste time on it now, maybe one day more users will annoy me and i decide to buy this shitty os.

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, teamviewer will not help, it is too complex to dig and i'm sure that require to not just disable something in W10, but debugging. Better don't waste time on it now, maybe one day more users will annoy me and i decide to buy this shitty os.
Alright, I guess no ENB then. Personally, I didn't buy the trash, I just downloaded it from Microsoft's website and put it on my USB. I don't have any need for activating it because it's complete shit anyways. I only got Windows 10 because I have a Kaby Lake CPU.