ENB, Skyrim, NVidia(Optimus) & WrapperVersion solution

fixing bugs
  • Author

ENB, Skyrim, NVidia(Optimus) & WrapperVersion solution

Maybe old news for some. I only found this out today.
This is for those people desperately searching the internet for a solution to the "ENB WrapperVersion doesn't detect my NVidia graphic card". (Because of NVidia-Optimus it only detects my integrated Intel HD Graphics card.)

I know there is an injector version but for some weird reason I couldn't get it to work. (probably some inappropriate setting I couldn't find)

The solution that made the Wrapper Version work for me:
- Start a Hex-Editor. I used 'HxD hex editor'. It's a very decent one, and for free.
- Open TESV.exe in your editor (make a backup copy, just in case)
- Use the search-find menu and search for d3d9.dll (use all, not forward)
- Go straight back up into the search-replace menu and type d3fx.dll in the 'replace with' box (use all, not forward)
- Hit "replace all". That should replace 2 (TWO) instances of d3d9.dll into d3fx.dll
- Save the file. (HxD should automatically create a backup)
- Now go to the Skyrim main directory and rename d3d9.dll into d3fx.dll.
- Don't forget to check if NVidia control panel (under 'manage 3d settings', second tab, 'program settings') is set to use your high-performance NVidia processor with your game (Skyrim)
- Run the game. Instead of the Intel-HD one, it should now detect your NVidia card in the top left of the window.
- It worked for me. I'm running the ENB Wrapper-Version in Skyrim with a 'NVidia GeForce GTX 960M' on a laptop without any problem now.
- Good luck

Greets, NR.