water and animals glitching when nearby, plz help.

fixing bugs
  • Author

water and animals glitching when nearby, plz help.

I have a GTX 1080 on a windows 8.1 PC. i am currently running realistic water two, along with a bunch of other HD textures like flora overhaul and hd texture packs, etc. i am also currently on summerset isles if that matters. i was having an issue with memory crashes every hours or so, so i decided to follow the advice on the logs and install enbseries. well now whenever i approach water, it flickers, both visually and audibly, whenever i move. it is unbelievably annoying. is there any known way to fix this? all my mods were working fine other than memory previously, and i had them set up exactly how i liked it. the only reason i switched to enb was memory crashes. Thanks!

EDIT: upon further investigation, the animals are vibrating and levitating too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: water and animals glitching when nearby, plz help.

Which game? Skyrim?
Maybe you have changes made to game config files, manually tweaked threading parameters? Then restore to original. Check ENBoost page on Nexus and from it's description of [THREADS] category try to set up values and test each combination. Of course you can simply activate frame limiter or/and vsync.

it is skyrim, i havent made any config changes other than the recommended ones. i will take a look at the threading stuff if you have a link.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/?
Anyway, your problem is very exotic, frame rate related, mod do not modify anything in non graphic or memory related things.

I will definitely try that, but the problem can't be terribly exotic, as my friend with a similar rig, but a 1070 rather than a 1080, reported the same issue. vibrating/hovering animals and flickering water. so maybe it is related to the 10XX series hardware? just speculating. on his though, he also had an Anti-Aliasing error come up which was causing all of his spell visuals not to render.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Have you tried with all mods disabled? Vibrating and/or levitating animals doesn't sound like an ENB related issue.

mindflux wrote:Have you tried with all mods disabled? Vibrating and/or levitating animals doesn't sound like an ENB related issue.
i havent tried ENB with all mods disabled (i have a lot of mods, but i did painstakingly research to make sure they were all compatible according to their pages), but i did attempt to recreate several times with all the mods on and enb off. the effect was very reproducable. with enb on and mods on, water flickered and animals rendering at edge of sightline vibrated and glitched. remove enb, they are fine, add enb broken again. now it might be a combination issue with my mods AND ENB, but enb is causing at least part of the problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's something about frame rate and game setting. Try to set fps limiter to 60, but check first how much fps do you have. And btw, it can be because of SLI i think. Game even can report 60 fps or less, but some frames can be faster, while others are longer, so in general it's cause game glitches. If driver store data of rendering for long time, this may happen. Change then max prerendered frames number in NVidia Control Panel.

Have you found a solution to this?
I am running an 8GB 1070 and am having the same issue, have been playing around with different ENB settings but haven't been able to fix it yet.

One more thing issue I'm having is all NPC textures are blurred. No matter what armor/location etc. Their faces and everything are just like, fuzzy.