[Skyrim] Integrated graphics and DoF Bug

fixing bugs
  • Author

[Skyrim] Integrated graphics and DoF Bug

Hello! It may be a little late for reporting skyrim bugs but hey:)
This is my first time trying enb, so i did my research to some extend, but couldn't find a solution.
Laptop user here w/ nvidia & intel integrated graphics.

So I've installed wrapper edition first, the enb (version 0.308) works at lighting, bloom, parallax fixes anti aliasing etc. but doesn't do anything about Depth of Field, Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration etc. And both in skyrim launcher and top left corner on enb says that i'm using the integrated graphics, even though the msi light on the dash turns on to show me that i'm using nvidia card, and fps is good at around 35-45.(yes everything above 30 is great for an ex-console user haha) So I suppose game is really using the nvidia card.

So time to try the injector first;
with injector, the skyrim launcher sees my nvidia card(GTX660M) in its settings, but when i launch the game, the enb sees the current video adapter as intel integrated. Still no DoF & other post effects,

So I tried that optimus patch d3d9.dll and d3d9orig.dll with the wrapper enb, same thing happenned, nvidia in launcher, intel in enb.
Changing video adapter index didnt work as well.

Disabling intel graphics through control panel while optimus patch dlls are there leads to showing microsoft basic renderer, and game didn't launch.

Do you guys have any ideas to fix? By the way the only reason i want to change this is because i suspected that this was the main thing that prevents this enb from applying those post fx. Some help would be much appreciated!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim] Integrated graphics and DoF Bug

It's tricky, especially after NVidia changed something in drivers few years ago. Anyway, startup information about video adapter is not valid for Optimus based laptops, all you can do is to check by performance. I tried known tricks to make mod run on such laptops, but i can't do any other experiments without having such hardware myself, sorry.

Oh that sounds bad.. Thank you sir. I'll inform here if anything miraculous happens :mrgreen:

Hi again! so i tried using reshade, as a proxy .dll on enb. and only applied, film grain, ca, dof and ao, it works but can't bypass GUI and HUD elements. So yes, enb and that work well together, but again its a little bit cheesy workaround considering blurry quest marks, chat options :D
I suppose there is not a way to limit proxy dlls such in a way that they can ignore hud/gui ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Probably you can disable effects from ReShade, but use ENBSeries only while running both, that's the only option to not affect gui