[SSE] Tonemapping Flickering

fixing bugs
  • Author

[SSE] Tonemapping Flickering

I did not encounter this problem until I started using CFL ENB because previous ENBs I had installed didn't use the tonemapping feature. Both me and the author are pretty out of ideas.

Here's what's happening: When looking from one area of a scene to another, I'm occasionally getting a flicker of sorts, wherein the whole screen becomes slightly lighter or darker. It's not a gradual shift - it's immediate, very akin to switching off an effect in the ENB GUI, except that's not what's happening (with the effect off, the contrast is massive - you'd know). I narrowed it down to the tonemapping by actually switching off the effect and observing that the flicker no longer happened. It's not an excessive phenomenon, but happens enough to be distracting during gameplay, and enough to drive me absolutely crazy over being unable to find the solution. I have tried the following:

-Disabled VSync and AA
-Disabled any possible crapware including Steam Overlay
-Disabled all plugins
-Disabled all mods in general, including textures, meshes, etc
-Updating drivers that were five months old (flickering happened both before and after updates)
-Deleting all instances of ENB and ReShade and reinstalling binaries and the CFL preset itself
-Adjusting game/graphics settings
-Reverting to vanilla ini settings

I am running a GTX970 on an AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core Processor, 12GB of installed RAM. I've never had an issue like this before and I'm honestly 100% stumped. I keep thinking I've made some kind of stupid mistake on my end -- that's usually what it is -- but I'm not so sure this time. Help please. :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [SSE] Tonemapping Flickering

Maybe you have some exotic combination of game video options? Did you tried to set to maximum everything?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB problems on NVidia Card, please help.

Have you downloaded the latest version of the ENB 0.310 binaries? Earlier versions of 0.310 had an interior-detection issue that resulted in some 'flickering', as you describe.

Re: [SSE] Tonemapping Flickering

Wow. You are absolutely right. I was using the correct version number, so I assumed there were no more updates - I always figured if there were any changes made to the base enb files, the version number would be changed. Thank you.

As always, a stupid error/assumption on my end. :')