Nighteye with ENB for Skyrim SE

fixing bugs
  • Author

Nighteye with ENB for Skyrim SE

I just wanted to check in case I am the only one but I am unable to use night eye with the Skyrim SE enb unless I check use original post processing. Is this the normal at the moment or has anyone implemented a different way around it?

Thanks anyhow guys :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Nighteye with ENB for Skyrim SE

It's very simple. The last code in enbeffect.fx shader used to switch night eye vision:

Code: Select all

//active only in certain modes, like khajiit vision, otherwise Params01[5].w=0
	r1=Params01[5] - r0;
	res=Params01[5].w * r1 + r0;
So, with some programming skills it's possible to make it for non original post processing too. Maybe i'll do it later, if not forget. But you can ask other guys here, who making presets

It would be awesome if you implemented it so we dont have some enb's that work and others that do not :)

Thank you for the reply also I have not studied shader coding so am not too sure on how to re write this myself.

Sorry, but I didn't get it. When I activate the Night Eye power with the ENB installed nothing happens, the image just stays the same. You're saying the code in the enbeffect.fx file already adresses this issue, right? So what am I missing? Why can't I use the Night Eye power unless I hit Shift+F12?

Do I have to change something in the code for when I activate the night eye it works as supposed to? (even if it means no having any effects)??

I found this on Nexus Forums:

//use original game processing first, then mine 
// #define APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION 
Delete the "//" so it reads:

//use original game processing first, then mine 
#define APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION 
But it's an old post, from July 2016, and I couldn't find that line on the newer special edition versions of the enbeffect.fx code.
Any suggestions?

The Truth ENB for SE has a custom night eye fix, but I'm a noob so I don't understand how he does it. I think that with AGCC enabled, night eye works because the original post processing is used as a base and then mixed with the ENB post-processing (I could be wrong here). The night eye effect uses the original game processing to work, so without AGCC, the ENB won't show color changes when the effect is active. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to do this, but my understanding is limited. So I'm sure other people here will have much better responses.