Does anyone know what this is? ***Pics included***

fixing bugs
  • Author
*master*

Does anyone know what this is? ***Pics included***

So i've been working on making presets, as well as testing over 500 mods, etc. So I have run into this issue 3-4 times now. Basically huge grey/black triangles show up over a large part of the screen. THis happened with a fisherman outside the first stones past embershard mine, from a dragon attacking outside of white run, from khajiit traders, and now a mudcrab. Upon further investigation, it actually looks like what the NPC camera view would be, that its somehow transposing itself into the game and being seen. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Here are the pics.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Does anyone know what this is? ***Pics included***

My first guess is a bad NIF/mesh import from Skyrim to SE. Been seeing a few of those lately from folks. Had had a similar looking issue when I was converting some feet meshes.

May not be the same thing though - just mentioning it as a place to look.

*master*

I had thought about that, but it was wierd how it covered a wide variety of different things, such as bandits, khajiit, mudcrabs, dragons, but its not everytime. If it were those meshes or nifs, I would think it would happen each time. Now I by no means am knowledgeable about mods, as Im not a mod maker myself. I will continue to dig into it. Thanks for the comment.

*master*

The really weird part is that it doesn't happen all the time, but rather while Im in a long play/test session working on my Presets and shaders. I wonder if something just went wonky those couple of times after turning on/off ENB and Reshade so many different time, and recompiling Reshade over and over while playing, if something just some how went catawonky. I dont know. I tried to go back to each of those places and get it to replicate, but I could not. Fought many a dragon, but nope .... So i guess im Happy/Sad...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it's not because of driver or wrong setting of the game (do not play with multithreading tweaks!), then usually happens when videocard is about to die (overclocking, overheating, just too old).

*master*

well it hasn't happened since. I don't think the cards are running rough.. I have 2x980ti's, but since its Special Edition, only 1 is running the game right now. I'm hoping it was just a fluke, but I guess time will tell. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That is a godly paper plane that flew across the world and killed the poor orc.

*master*

LOL... thats my rig and game, always over achieving ;p lol Now that I'm getting my preset dialed in like in my screenshots, its running much better and this hasn't happened since, so fingers crossed. Its also possible it was something incompatible. I've installed over 500+ mods and have now settled on 214 active and 147esp out of that. So, who knows.. So far so good, no more paper airplanes of death yet.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, if this happens again, you should try to run OCCT vga test.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Well, if this happens again, you should try to run OCCT vga test.
Will Do....