Vivid Weathers Crashing

fixing bugs
  • Author

Vivid Weathers Crashing

So recently I tried to install the ENB vivid weathers, so I followed the directions I got the binaries from enbdev I put the necessary files in my skyrims folder and do exactly what the guy in the video I was watching said (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDHkOMw6Hvc @ ~4:36) and when I start up skyrim I am greeted with an immediate crash, no loading screen no bethesda logo just a black screen like it is loading up and it immediately crashes. I am using all the mods in the description of that video linked and before I tried the ENB and just loaded the base mods it worked so I don't think they're a problem, if I could get any help that would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT* Upon further investigation I discovered that if I remove d3d9.dll from my skyrim folder I can at least get to the main screen but loading games doesn't work, I didn't really expect it to because d3d9.dll is essential to ENB's functions, I still don't know what to gather from this if someone could help me that'd be great.

PC Specs:
Intel i7 4790K
Gefore GTX 980
16 GB DDr3 RAM