Injector not working

fixing bugs
  • Author

Injector not working

Hello!
I'm having some issues getting the ENB injector working with my game. I'm using Mod Organizer and the Seasons of Skyrim ENB and skse. However, I'd much rather use the injector than the wrapper for certain reasons, but I can't get it to work.
The wrapper works fine, the ENB text shows up in top left corner when i start the game. When I start the injector (V0.004) before skse, nothing shows up in the top left corner. I got it working briefly in one try but after that it just won't load.
Also tried starting enb injector from mod organizer, but no luck, starting everything without MO i.e. in my skyrim folder didn't work either. Starting as administrator didn't work, disabling my anti virus didn't work. Disabling overlay programs, no luck.
I would really like to get the injector to work. Please help!
Enbseries.dll is in place and the enbinjector.ini is configured as well:

Code: Select all

LIBRARY]
LibraryName=enbseries.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=SkyrimLauncher.exe
ProcessName1=skse_loader.exe
ProcessName2=TESV.exe

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Injector not working

Saw several similar topics here, but don't know anything about skse and don't remember solution. Try to set process name which is game name in process explorer, may be skse rename it.

The thing is, it doesn't work by starting SkyrimLauncher.exe or tesv.exe either. I don't know what to do...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Injector can't inject only if you have very fast cpu (i expect 100ghz at least), so the program starts before injecting occur. All you can do then is to try several times unless it works. Another reason, something block injection, what exactly i don't know, os, antivirus, admin/non admin modes? Try again to run wrapper, may be it not work, then just directx runtime require update.

Wrapper works fine. My specs are:
Windows 7
Maximus VI Extreme
Intel Core i7 4770k 3.50Ghz
18Gb RAM
Geforce GTX 780 Ti
So it shouldn't be my computer not being able to handle it, I am admin of my computer but i tried running in admin mode anyway. DirectX is up to date, but I'll try updating it again. Antivirus is off when i try to run injector.
I'm clueless haha but thanks for your help! You're the best! keep doing what you do man :)
Edit: So it seems that skyrimlauncher.exe doesn't recognize the injector either, it's supposed to force to reconfigure your settings right?
Edit2: I should add that i'm using the legendary edition, could that be the problem?

*sensei*

First off your target is wrong if you use skse. The first line in the injector ini should be ProcessName=skse_loader.exe.
You must also run ENBInjector.exe to enable the ENB as it doesnt use an auto injector .dll.
You're probably doing this already but I just wanna be sure.
Maybe set ForceFakeVideocard to true.

Btw does stock ENB files fix the issue?
CGI ENB

Okay, changed the ini like you said, always running enbinjector.exe first of course.
Tried forcefakevideocard multiple times already but no change, it doesn't even recognize the fake video card in the skyrimlauncher.
Stock enb files did not fix the issue i'm afraid. Thanks for your reply!

*sensei*

Weird..... Does SweetFX works?
CGI ENB

Do you mean to inject using a d3d9.dll? Yes it does. But so does enb. If you mean to inject using an injector program then I don't have one i'm afraid. If you could supply one I'd be happy to give it a try.

After days of trial and error I finally managed to get it working and I'll leave this here for anyone else having the same problem.
What I did was I downloaded ssme (skyrim startup memory editor), but simply extracting the files didn't work.
So I went and changed two values in ssme.ini to a higher value, vanilla skyrm is 256mb, default ssme value is 512mb, changing it to 768mb did the trick for me.
Maybe it was like Boris said about skyrim starting up too fast.. Weird bug either case.

Edit: Scratch that. After turning off and on my computer I get the same problem again.

Edit2: I can now confirm that Skyrim loading fast is the problem, the injector doesn't have time to inject while Skyrim loads.
However when I restarted the computer and started up the injector and skyrim immediately, it injected. The load time was significantly increased while Windows is booting every startup program, so I believe this gave the injector enough time to inject.
Very annoying though to always have to restart the PC when I want to use the injector.