Issues with GUI window and the mist effect

fixing bugs
  • Author
*sensei*

Issues with GUI window and the mist effect

Before I begin I have to say, Boris, you've done some amazing stuff since I last was fiddling with ENB.
But I've noticed something. Two things in fact. It might be on my end and not anyone else's.
If I press "Load configuration" or "Apply Changes" the shader window sometimes loose all the effect files, and the window becomes just an empty window. This has happen with the weather window too, but very rarely. Has this something to do with me being on Windows 8 perhaps?

My second issue is with the mist. Some effects like sprite based effects such as fire, torches or especially the Candlelight spell (the blue orb like spell that gives light) gets "blocked" by the mist effect. Like the sprite vanishes behind the mist effect.

I don't know if these two things has been discussed before, and if so I'm sorry!
Thanks for reading!

*sensei*

Re: Issues with GUI window and the mist effect

I think it's that stuff reported before. It's not actually getting empty. When you load config, every section in GUI closes and you end up with the blank space and a REALLY tiny scroll bar somewhere on ...bottom probably? Just find that scroll.

*sensei*

Wow..... Now I feel stupid. Found the scroll. I can be a real fucking moron sometimes.

*sensei*

xD
No, you're not. It can be nearly invisible in some cases.
No idea about the other one. Do you have all the required skyrimprefs.ini edits?

*sensei*

Hehe well I still feel like a complete idiot.

Hmm about the mist... I'll upload some pics. bFloatPointRenderTarget is set to 1. All the correct shadow variables are set too. Haven't fiddled with the inis much.
The stock ENB effect files were used in the second pic.

CGI ENB