Fallout 4 Weird Reflections using Effect

fixing bugs
  • Author

Fallout 4 Weird Reflections using Effect

I'm getting some really weird reflections on certain surfaces, mostly metal and mostly at night when looking at certain angles and crouched. I've tried toggling the Reflections option down to low, but it only makes it slightly better; by that I mean parts of the reflections disappear but it is still very noticeable. It happens in a lot of places. Not a huge huge problem if it isn't solvable or anything, but thought I'd bring it up to see if there was a setting that I should look at, or something I should check?

I'm running enbseries 0.478 out of the box, nothing changed besides the framerate limiter. I do have some retexture mods, but would that effect reflections to this degree with only ENB? Why aren't they this bad without ENB? Is it an oversensitivity thing?

The only thing that seems to make it go away is to completely turn off the Effect option in the enb window. Here are some pics of before and after comparisons.

Effect On, High Reflections

Effect On, Medium Reflections

Effect On, Low Reflections

Effect Off

Even with the Effect option off there is a slight reflections, but it is nothing near as noticeable with the Effect On. It moves like water on the surface it is reflecting from and is more than a little distracting.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 Weird Reflections using Effect

It's called imprinting. Game reflections have bug when they are not visible due to bad tracing code. I fixed it and now you can see and don't like this. Turn off reflections of the mod or find some textures which make reflection amount better looking in game.