Skyrim ENB Crash to Desktop

fixing bugs
  • Author

Skyrim ENB Crash to Desktop

Hello.
I've been having an issue for over a week now where my game crashes when I activate my ENB. The game runs fine if I have it turned off (but installed) but the moment I turn it on it crashes to desktop immediately. At first I thought it was a specific mod somehow causing this, but any mod it could of possibly been that I recently added hasn't fixed it.

I went through and disabled all of my mods while slowing enabling them in small groups through mod organizer. The game would run fine even with an ENB but for some reason past a certain point (around 50 ESPs enabled if I remember correctly) the game would start crashing again when the ENB was enabled.

I've reinstalled the game and deleted all associated folders. I've reinstalled mods and made sure the load order was right. I've tried different ENB versions and presets. I've tried using the injector version instead of the wrapper version. Nothing seems to work.

The oddest thing is that before this started happening, windows had updated and I played a little before setting my computer to sleep mode and going to bed. Ever since the morning after I've been unable to play the game with the ENB enabled, like I've said earlier. Even restarting my PC multiple times hasn't helped.

Is there anything anyone knows to do?

EDIT: Well, I disabled the Steam overlay and that fixed it somehow.. sorry about this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim ENB Crash to Desktop

Maybe it's drivers. Hard to tell, only you can dig what have installed on computer.