Fallout 4 cloud shadows turning off at certain angles

fixing bugs
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 cloud shadows turning off at certain angles

Could it possibly be my ENB configuration? I can upload that as well if you would like to try.

Edit: So I uninstalled Spring Cleaning and did a clean save, then installed Scrap Everything and the bug seems to be gone all the while keeping everything else the same. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, its definetly not config of the mod itself.

ENBSeries wrote:No, it's definitely not config of the mod itself.
Can confirm, have the same issue. Some mods definitely cause the problem (that change the world cells), but the root of the problem - cloud shadows. They disabling at a certain angle of view. Unfortunately, I disabled the function of cloud shadows, despite the fact that it looks pretty.

I hate to necro a thread, but I just stumbled upon this problem myself. So I thought I'd update for those who might be having the same issue in their game.

As some have alluded to, it very much has to do with Spring Cleaning/Scrap Everything mods. I'm personally using Scrap Everything, and turning it off fixes the "flickering" of Cloud shadows from ENB.

Testing further, the idea that mods that alter world cells is what causes the conflict seems to be accurate. With Scrap Everything turned on, the flicker only occurs in settlements; IE- the glitch only happens in cells that Scrap Everything affects. To test that theory: Standing inside Starlight Drive In, cloud shadows blink in and out based on camera angle. As soon as I walked east and left the area, the blinking stopped and the cloud shadows stayed.

A simple, if annoying, fix would be to simply turn off cloud shadows while you're in settlements, turn them back on when you leave. I'm not entirely sure how others got these mods to play nice with ENB by simply uninstalling, clean saving, and installing a different mod, but I suppose that could be worth a shot to see if it fixes the issue. Again, if you're running settlement clean-up mods, you only seem to run into this "glitch" while you're inside those settlements. I'm not sure if this helps narrow down the issue. Dev said he was running clean-up mods and doesn't have an issue, so perhaps an ENB setting tweak could be in order. Hope that helps.