Skyrim SE: 1 second lag/hang in-game

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Skyrim SE: 1 second lag/hang in-game

Water for ENB is causing stuttering issues for me and other people as well as seen here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... 1?tab=bugs

The bug report is called "1 second lag/hang in-game with this mod enabled."

Stuttering happens when walking around the tamriel workspace.
It only stops happening completely when water for enb ESP is disabled or when the ENB binary files are removed.

I did a lot of digging and this is what I found.

Water for ENB uses many water texture files to blend water types and also for different types of LOD. When disabling the ESP, skyrim only uses 2 water textures in tamriel. With the ESP enabled, it uses 11.

I tried 2k textures. I tried making each texture completely transparent. The stuttering is only removed when using the vanilla methods of water. Or when disabling ENB altogether.

You can see these hitches when you COC into ThalmorEmbassyExterior02 and run around. I use Rudy ENB for NAT 3.

This bug has plagued me for months and posting here is my last resort to solving this issue. mindflux cannot fix the bug because he is not getting it somehow, and I am not sure if he can. Others are getting the bug though.

Let me know if you need more info. At this point I will do whatever if it means getting closer to finding a solution.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE: 1 second lag/hang in-game

It is the code which generates optimized textures which works faster with displacement and this feature added in patreon version, then to public after release. I'll have a look what can i do to make delay smaller.

Thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just to report back, fixed this problem and will be available in the next update.

Thank you!

Just updated, and it looks like the stutters are completely removed!

Thanks again!