Not a smooth picture with ENB, but FPS is stable

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Not a smooth picture with ENB, but FPS is stable

I have the same problem with ENB 0.306: on the indicator I have 60 fps, but in the game it is not felt. It’s as if it’s not 60, but 35-40 fps, the picture is not smooth. Can you help with anything? I turned on WaitBusyRender, it helps, but the FPS drops from 60-70 to 35-40, I would like to solve this problem somehow differently, without FPS drops.
https://youtu.be/xyMpJZwPWCA

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Not a smooth picture with ENB, but FPS is stable

I don't know what to look at in the video and how can i see difference from youtube video if it's something frame rate dependent. Anyway, try disable forcing of the borderless and windowed modes in enblocal.ini. If not helps, in the nvidia control panel change max prerendered frames (default is 3) to smaller value. And you have to test on the single player, i do not support multiplayers.

didn't help(No change

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then not have any solution, don't understand what complain is, if fps is high.

Well, how can you describe the problem in more detail? There is no smoothness, as if there are micro jerks in the picture, if you turn off the enb, then the fps remains 60, but it’s more smooth

drogabarin wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 10:56 didn't help(No change
The FPS is high, but the picture is not smooth at all, you can’t say that it’s 60 FPS

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

in the nvidia control panel change max prerendered frames (default is 3) to smaller value.
Did you make it?

ENBSeries wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 15:30
in the nvidia control panel change max prerendered frames (default is 3) to smaller value.
Did you make it?
Yes, but nothing has changed

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know then. WaitBusyRender drops frame rate that much only if videocard is slow itself, so maybe that's simply performance and vsync problem when some frames shorter than 1/60, so vsync dropped, but even in such case displayed fps on the screen would change. So problem is on driver/videocard side (waitbusyrender is exactly to fix that).
PS: i do not support gta long ago and never supported multiplayers, also using old version makes things more complicated for me to understand.

ENBSeries wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 04:25 I don't know then. WaitBusyRender drops frame rate that much only if videocard is slow itself, so maybe that's simply performance and vsync problem when some frames shorter than 1/60, so vsync dropped, but even in such case displayed fps on the screen would change. So problem is on driver/videocard side (waitbusyrender is exactly to fix that).
PS: i do not support gta long ago and never supported multiplayers, also using old version makes things more complicated for me to understand.
The video card is old, Nvidia Geforce 710m, I play on a laptop. There are no driver updates in Device Manager, is there any other way to update them? Regarding the old version, are you talking about the enb version? I can set it to 0.430, the problem is slightly different there. And I also have this paradox: When I have WaitBusyRender turned off and the enb settings window is open (Shift + Enter), these jerks disappear, but as soon as I close the window, they appear.
https://youtu.be/DsI_iAuyDEQ