Skyrim SE: Low GPU core clock with ENB enabled

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Skyrim SE: Low GPU core clock with ENB enabled

So I'm having an issue or rather I presume it's an issue where my GPU core clock is reduced to about 810MHz while keeping at full memory clock ~10900MHz while playing with my ENB enabled.
When my game is paused, at the main menu or with the ENB off, the core clock returns to 1710MHz.

I have confirmed the core clock numbers dip while the VRAM stays consistently high across 3 different programs: Nvidia's GeForce Experience Status Indicator, MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z.

I can't understand why this would only happen during gameplay when it should normally increase the core clock speeds on high loads, but it does the opposite during gameplay.

If anyone has an idea of why this is happening or knows how to fix it, I would appreciate it.

Re: Skyrim SE: Low GPU core clock with ENB enabled

I would also like to say that I'm running the most up to date ENB binaries and have tried with older presets too, and the issue is the same with a low core clock, albeit slightly higher with a leaner ENB preset and FPS.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

"Nvidia's GeForce Experience Status Indicator, MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z." All at once?

Try with only MSI Afterburner. Using may programs together that do the same things can mess up.

No, individually and then a combination of the three.

Apparently I'm somehow hitting power limits at roughly 228W, with 8gb of 12gb being used, 99% GPU usage and lowered core clocks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try with Aida64

Also - what GPU do you have?

Running with a Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080ti 12gb, with an AMD 5950x and a 1200watt PSU.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Have you tried to reset every GPU setting to default ?

Yes, I've tried that too, it appears to be some sort of power limitation with the card somehow.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe throttling? Check temperatures. Or try downgrade driver. Clock issue is known for some amd videocards cause of the power management problem on driver side, but i only once saw same report about nvidia, you are second. Another thing, ryzen cpus had clock issue, again amd specific problem, but i did workaround long ago. Still this could happen maybe and influence gpu too, if cpu is unable to pump it, so check cpu frequency as well. Turn off effects one by one and maybe will find out which is a problem. Turn off fps limiter from enblocal.ini.