ENB dividing screen into quadrants

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

ENB dividing screen into quadrants

This is driving me crazy.

Under "Global" whenever is checkbox "enable effect" my screen looks like this....

https://imgur.com/a/hH5un5i

https://imgur.com/a/hH5un5i

What setting is making my enb choices do this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB dividing screen into quadrants

Never heard of this. Maybe you have some leftover shaders from older presets not removed or not installed preset properly with all files. Otherwise it's conflict with driver or crapware hooked in to the game graphics. You can always try to install just my official files first to check if it works properly, only then overwrite by some preset.

ENBSeries wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 06:53 Never heard of this. Maybe you have some leftover shaders from older presets not removed or not installed preset properly with all files. Otherwise it's conflict with driver or crapware hooked in to the game graphics. You can always try to install just my official files first to check if it works properly, only then overwrite by some preset.
Well I figured out what setting is doing it, but it's still a mystery as to why. When I enable "PostPassShader" and apply it the screen is divided. The confusing thing was having to hit the "apply" option otherwise it wouldn't show up.

So the "enable" part was basically enabling a saved setting I guess.

Who knows, I took the whole rig outside and set it on fire.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then you have left post pass shader from some other preset but it is dependent from other shaders. Or on the contrary. You may delete it, effect.txt for old skyrim and enbeffectpostpass.fx for SE/AE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess i know what this could be. Old standard of the shader have screen size variable which is different to newest. So old presets may have old shaders, so compatible with old versions of the mod only (otherwise need to do some editing of the shaders).