solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Low performance when looking at certain direction

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3060Ti
16GB RAM DDR4 3200Mhz

Problem:
No matter which preset I use, no matter if I enable or disable ENB effect I experience FPS drops from 120 to 27-46 while looking at certain direction (mostly behind me but also while looking forward when on top of a hill). Changing in game settings via BethINI doesn't do anything, after deleting all ENB files game works fine capped at 60 FPS (modded holds 60 everywhere) without cap goes up to 120-130. I tried disabling DoF, changing game settings, changing vSync, reinstalling the game, deleting graphic mods, using older ENB (v0.347 as i read it has better performance) nothing seems to work besides deleting ENB entirely.

Re: Low performance when looking at certain direction

Game: Skyrim SE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wish i know. It's not correct behavior, but maybe something is wrong with enblocal.ini, try my official one. Also may help to try use some monitoring software to see if something is wrong with gpu/vram frequencies in such moments when mod installed. Usually mod runs very bad like that when complex particle/fire lights are enabled and too many of them on the screen.

So i Downloaded new (.477) version of ENB and I am using Re-Engaged for Cathedral Weathers, no major FPS loses even in cities (lowest was 56 when guards started spawning in city)

Hi. Sorry for little necro, but i think i have problem that i can describe as it topic theme.
I didn't played Skyrim for a while, then Bethesda updated it to 1.6.629 (or something), and i waited when modders recompile their SKSE plugins that i use.
And i just updated ENB dlls with new ones. And when i started I've noticed some strange FPS behavior, it's feels like slowdowns (even it's not slowdown), not like before
I hadn't ideal FPS before, but huge drops was only on ENB light clusters in some places, but now when i watch in some directions, it drops to 30 (as steam says), but it's feels very bad, and then i move camera a little
and it's suddenly become 60fps and everything starts feels good. I remember that before, even low fps places felt not that bad, and now it feels like i trying run some Doom 3 on MX 430.

I wonder if i can download previous builds of ENB? To check if it's something in latest ENB, or maybe it some kinda conflict with some new SKSE after Skyrims update or something.
on site it's either v0.481 or v0.347
I tried disable ENB, and fps become flawless in same scenario, so i can make conclusion that it's have something to do with latest ENB

according to saves, last time i stop playing in August, is it possible to get version that was around that month to check?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is not dependent from versions of ENBSeries. You describe typical problem of vsync used, there are so many people reported this 30->60 fps jumps here. Search where in the game setting, in the driver or elsewhere it's forced. The only exception is for AMD users, bug in power management of videocard makes gpu/vram frequencies much lower than should be.

If someone searching solution for described problem, i found answer, why behavior got changed.
It's some new option in System->Display->Graphics in Windows 11 (and probably in 10 too)
i had Skyrim.exe added there, and it was set up as "high performance", now there is new optional checkbox "don't use optimizations for windowed games"
if said checkbox disabled, it going to cause Skyrim work in borderless mode as i described below - FPS going to jump to 30 it it's falls below 60.
With this checkbox checked, it's start behave as it was before, so to speak, VSync enabled in whatever place you want, and no tearing and no FPS jumping.

It's very strange.
What you say, usually happen either if in nvidia panel you override v-sync as Adaptive or if it hardcoced in game that way.
I didn't reinstalled windows nor i did clean reinstall of drivres, so settings as they were before
now if i disable "v sync" in skyrim's ini and disable it nvidia panel, FPS become good, but of course tearing appear

v-sync in enb settings also do that (if i stop forcing, and disable in ini, enb vsync cause jumps)

and it's even if game bordersless, borderless is windowed without border and shouldn't be affected by v-sync at all
I've checked, in window mode it's ok, no tearing, and ok fps

do Bethesda changed something? It didn't worked like this before :( i guess i forced to use some third party borderless programs then?

ps
ok it's very strange, even if i launch game in window mode (and with ok fps and no tearing) as soon as i apply borderless gaming program to it, fps begin limiting itself like with adaptive v-sync.... =_= what he actual hell, why it's now behaving like this. I'm so frustrated.
I've tried googling, and there no recent entries in google about something like this.

pps
I've tested this "situation" little more.
It's not even adaptive (adaptive just stop syncing when FPS is low), i don't know how it called, if this technique even have a name.
Regardless of it. Full screen (not borderless) is working fine, with settings as i had before, forced vsync in driver (and ingame, and in enb is enabled too), and no FPS jumps, everything like before, except it's fullscreen instead of borderless.
As half-measure Fast VSync with borderless removes tearing, but it's seems lock game on 55 fps.
Since window mode doesn't affected by VSync at all, until it made borderless via BorderlessGaming, and after it being behave same as ingame bordlerless mode, i may suggest that it's some new driver or windows 11 behavior. Or Bethesda hardcoded it in game. Because i don't noticed anything like this before. Borderless usually just window with hidden borders. Don't even have other borderless games to check, LoL doesn't count it's wouldn't drop below 60 fps