Mafia The City Lost Heaven

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Mafia The City Lost Heaven

Hello! Mafia The City Lost Heaven has flickering shadows and framerate instability on modern systems, presumably due to vertical sync. Enbconvertor for Mafia solve the problem with shadows, but the fps remains unstable, the image twitches. There is a Widescreen Fix for Mafia that solves the frame rate problem, but it also uses d3d8.dll. There is no way to merge enb and Widescreen even if you rename one of the libraries, for example, to dinput8.dll. Can you do something to solve this problem?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Mafia The City Lost Heaven

Nope, convertor can't work with another same dll, it's not like graphics mod with proxy feature.

Is it possible to solve the frame rate issue in the game when enb is used? It has to do with vertical sync. I tried to turn it off everywhere in the game, launching it is useless. This is not the case in widescreen.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Run some of my d3d9 mods which have options for fps limiter and vsync. And just turn off effects to not alter game visuals.

Please give me a link to a mod that I can try

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How do i know? Just get all of them which are d3d9.dll based till one of them work and have vsync thing. Start from Skyrim version for example, old mods preffered.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix the problem. The widescreen fix has sources, but I don't know programming. Perhaps they managed to figure out how to resist Widescreen and enb, and finally make the game to the end so that there are no problems with modern systems

I am even ready to receive a reward if anyone can do it.

The frame rate issue has been resolved. Installed Widescreen fix, renamed d3d8.dll from it to dinput8.dll. Connected enb converter for Mafia. And I installed the Riva Tuner program, set the screen refresh rate to 60 fps in it. As a result, the game began to hold frames stably, the shadows do not flicker. So everything turned out okay.