How to allow ENB in GTA SA to use more VRAM?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

How to allow ENB in GTA SA to use more VRAM?

I am playing SAMP, and my ENB's "Mod video memory usage" is only 362 MB, but the "Available Video Memory" is 3500. My ENB is pretty heavy, my PC should handle it but it gives 20-30 fps. I guess the FPS is so low because ENB can't use more than 362 MB of my VRAM. "Mod Video memory usage" always remains 362 when i play the game. My PC specs are: GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB RAM. How to allow ENB to use more of my VRAM?????????

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: How to allow ENB in GTA SA to use more VRAM?

That variable says how much vram used by internal textures and render targets of the mod, not by the game itself. There is no benefit to raise that vram usage and it's displayed for those users who have low amount of vram but too high display resolution, so stuttering would occur when close to out of video memory. If you are using some preset, most likely because of it's shaders performance is so low, because with my default files i had much higher even with gtx9600 and gtx650ti, which slower than your videocard. Another problem, very common for this game with mods installed - vehicles. Some models (mods) have very bad porting with too huge number of elements in them, so draw call count increases and hit performance a lot, this can be easily seen if such cars appear on the screen vs no vehicles.