[Skyrim LE] Time of day lighting changes in dungeons

solving problems with low performance
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim LE] Time of day lighting changes in dungeons

I think you have problems with game own time of the day changes. But you can force them in enbseries.ini by set "***Curve" parameters to 0 and/or color filter amount to 1, then initial game values will be normalized to white color and basically replaced by [environment] parameters rather than just tweaked.

I'm not sure what time of day changes my game could have. I've tried it on a large load order and a minimal load order and in both cases time of day works fine. It's that some presets, especially newer ones that only have enbseries.ini and and /enbseries/ folder in the root /Skyrim/ folder with no loose files there, give me trouble with day/night cycles in dungeons. The older ones don't have changing light levels in dungeons.

Where is the ***Curve setting? I don't see it in enbseries.ini. That sounds like a heavy handed approach that would edit outdoor light too but I don't want to do that.

locationweather still refuses to work for me under any circumstances if I add it manually. I have no idea why, all the settings seem to be correct and _locationweather.ini is completely ignored like it's not there. Losing hope on this one.

And I've noticed many presets seem to have many of the settings in enbseries.ini overridden by settings in enbeffect.fx.ini, inside the /enbseries/ folder. In the preset I'm using, the enbeffect.fx.ini file only has settings for Day, Night, and Interior, it doesn't divide Interior between night and day. Is there a way to add a section for Interior Night and Interior Day, or allow the preset to read from enbseries.ini?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For god sake dude, you can't ind Curve parameters and asking much more complicated things? Everything is already explained, there is no simpler way to tell you what to do. Instead of try to get what you want in the end, you should realize steps how to implement that and do one by one. First of all, learn how to normalize and force values by curve parameters in any place to understand how things work, then keep beating location weathers till understand it.

Oh I understand that what I'm trying to do is beyond my ability, that's why I am here to learn how to do all these things. With ENB as complex as it is, with hundreds of layers of settings on top of each other, it's impossible for me to know where to start. The fact that I'm still here asking questions shows that I am persistent and very much want to learn.

The problem is what I want to do is so specific, that none of the 20-minute ENB how-to videos I find when I google your responses are helpful. I know what curves are, but many presets somehow ignore and override many of the [ENVIRONMENT] and other settings in enbseries.ini, curve included, with custom settings they define in enbeffect.fx, enbbloom.fx, etc. And you have *** in front of Curve, I don't know what that means and no google search finds any results, nor do I see anything of forcing curves. So I'm not sure how I am supposed to learn any of this without asking. There are so many layers of settings that I could play around with them for a year and never figure them all out.

It seems like I understand locationweather, but for some reasons certain presets don't work with manually added weathers. I don't know why, that's why I was asking. When I don't know something I ask so that I may understand.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The *** in front of the "curve" simply refers to all the curve parameters, you can think of it like a wild card.

The truth is that there are often many ways to reach the same goals, and especially some of the more complex presets are so complex that it's a tall order for someone not knowledgeable to tweak them. We here are often not familiar with specific presets so we have no idea how they're put together. We can of course try to point you in the right direction, but at the end, it's you who needs to experiment and connect the dots to learn how different things interconnect. That's how everyone else has learned too. If you're not willing to do that then I doubt anyone here can help.

Also - if you have a problem with a specific preset, you could always try to find the author and ask them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Curve is a pow math, when it's value set to 1, input parameters from the game engine are just bypassed to Amount or Multiplier parameters. When Curve value is 0, by math it forces all inputs (from game) to become 1, so in other words they are forced by the mod to be white. And then you can modify that white by color filter parameters and by intensity as Amount or Multiplier parameters. So my mod allows not only tweak game values, but replace them, that's the only way to achieve what you want without editing weather in CK. When you do it (and understand how to do it), then create new dublicates of enbseries.ini with such forced weather for per location weathers.