All ENB presets drop my FPS by 30

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

All ENB presets drop my FPS by 30

Hi all, been doing a lot of research and just trying to see if I can get any sort of feedback to help. I have an AMD Radeon RX 580 Series, which from what I can gather is a decent GPU.

I am playing Skyrim SE on Windows 10 and have a decent modlist. I get 60 FPS no matter what without ENB, but when I turn on ENB, I lose 30 FPS automatically. It doesn't even matter what type of ENB preset I am using - from the more high-end ones like Rudy to minimalist performance options like A Cathedralist ENB - they all drop my FPS by at least 30 in most settings.

More than happy to provide more information on specs and my Skyrim set-up, but I would appreciate any advice on where to start diagnosing the problem. Thank you.

EDIT - I just tested the regular ENB files from the newest version, and without downloading any sort of preset, the ENB .448 files drop my FPS by 17.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: All ENB presets drop my FPS by 30

Sounds like vsync problem. If disable it everywhere and problem disappear, 100% it is. Unfixable, unless somehow turn on adaptive vsync, if it exist in drivers.

ENBSeries wrote:Sounds like vsync problem. If disable it everywhere and problem disappear, 100% it is. Unfixable, unless somehow turn on adaptive vsync, if it exist in drivers.
Thank you very much for the fast reply. So I have to disable VSync in my SkyrimPrefs.ini, and my enb .ini, as well as my AMD Radeon Driver settings?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, everywhere. People posted here few times similar things. Usually when vsync fails to "sync" frame data cause too late, it drop to 1/2 of display refresh rate or more rare and unstable 3/4. If you look at the sky, most likely fps immediately increase to 60.

I have disabled it but FPS is still at 27. When I look up at the sky it does increase to 60 FPS. I turned VSync off in both SkyrimPrefs.ini and enblocal.ini, as well as "always off" in my AMD Radeon settings. Should I turn it on in the driver settings?

These are my AMD graphic card settings for Skyrim, just for reference.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know how modern amd drivers looks like, so can't tell much. But definetly you have wrong setting. Do not override anisotropic filtering, set it in the game video setting or in the mod (if version allow it), this option in old days when i tested it, very heavily hit ssao/ssil enabled.