ENB for FNV, stability & compatbility question

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

ENB for FNV, stability & compatbility question

Hi,

First of all, many thanks to your incredible work on ENB. Its hard to play FNV without!

I see a lot of recommendations on various utilities to use when modding a "modern" feel of FNV. One of those is your ENBoost. The recommended settings on this are many, as always. Not sure what to listen to, that's why I'm here I guess. What do you recommend in order to find the right settings for my setup?

Also:

1. I've been told that ENB for FNV never was fully developed compared to Skyrim. Which makes it less stable, not recommended. What's your take on this?
2. Is ENBoost compatible with NVTF? If not, why? Are there some recommended settings to tweak in order to solve issues?

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB for FNV, stability & compatbility question

I will not recommend you anything, because i am not god to know what hardware you have and even in such case, just use any setting till you find which gives best performance for you. Asking me such things pointless, game is heavily modded and individual for every player, video driver reports different memory size and some part of it can be slower if reached the limit, so amount of memory game use and how to set memory manager is up to you. If default setting works and have no crash with out of memory error, then don't touch memory manager in enblocal.ini.
I've been told that ENB for FNV never was fully developed compared to Skyrim. Which makes it less stable, not recommended. What's your take on this?
There is no connection between not fully developed and less stable. It's speculations by haters. For me it works fine and never crashes.
Is ENBoost compatible with NVTF? If not, why? Are there some recommended settings to tweak in order to solve issues?
I don't know what is it.

Thank you for your reply.

Of course, settings are individual. What I was asking for was maybe some word of advice so I'm not fumbling in the dark.

New Vegas Tick Fix (NVTF). Some call it Win 10 successor of NVSR.
From what I'm told, the memory management of it clashes with ENBoost. Again just rumors I guess, was hoping for more solid advice from you (the creator).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If that mod crashes, set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. If it still crashes, then totally incompatible. My memory manager is fixing problem out of memory when installing high resolution texture packs, first of all. Then it's about graphics, cause ENBoost is just a side feature.

I'll try and report back.

Thanks.