GTX 1070 8GB VRAM Win 10 Fall Update

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

GTX 1070 8GB VRAM Win 10 Fall Update

Hey guys,

I waited for this windows update to get the available vram from 4064 to 16256 for dx9 and Boris tool showed me, that it is possible now.
Now I launched Skyrim with enblocal.ini edited with the new numbers and I still have the same stutter.
Skyrim Performance Monitor shows me the same limit of max vram used at 4064.

Can you guys help me please ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTX 1070 8GB VRAM Win 10 Fall Update

It doesnt matter what SPM shows if ENBoost uses more memory. Try to tweak differently and post here your setting for memory manager category.

PC: I7 7700 HQ 2.8 GHz 64 bit
RAM: 16 GB

I am using Modmanager and a 100 texture mods like paralax, amidian, rustic, potions, ...

Currentsettings in enblocal.ini
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=16256
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

My test is to start at breezehome and ride to the east. After the bridge theres a place where I see some Bandits fighting and thats where the whole game even stocks for a while. But it doesnt crash, just takes like 10s and than I see the fighting.
FPS is around 60-80.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's been working good for me but I don't use MO (not sure if you were referring to MO as "mod manager" or not) and I saw a thread on Nexus about MO having some issues with the windows update. Not sure on the details though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Setting are okay. But delay for 10 seconds is too much, transfering textures in memory is very fast process maybe 4-8 times slower than theoretical memory bandwidth and almost full bandwidth of pci-e bus, so it's many gigabytes of textures per 10s, which obviosusly not true. Statistics accumulated by memory manager also can't lag so much. Maybe you have some wrong setting with multitheading in skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini? Also try threads category in enbseries.ini set to 0 and enableunsafefixes=false. Another thing you can try is assign game manually to physical cores, which don't use hyperthreading (i doubt this help) and make sure no skse plugins running which can do this. Try EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true and run in windowed mode (or borderless window to avoid problems with alt+tab in this mode) and compare several times with and without this flag to check if problem is in enboost transfer or not. Antiviruses may cause this problem if they try to check everything transfered between game and enbhost.exe.

Thanks for the tipps.

I didnt have multithreadings in my ini's, so I guess this wasnt the issue. Anyway I took my time to implement them now and I have the feeling that it was a improvement.
But the stutter remains the same, especially on the position where the fight between the patrols occurs. Its still like 10s lag.

Well I thought that Windows Update would solve my issue since I was tracking with Skyrim Performance Monitor all the time. I guess I was wrong. I should start from scratch again since I cant figure out what is causing the problem.

Can you go into more detail how I can check the enboost transfer ? If I go back to one core and ride through the world, then check my CPU usage and it shouldnt peak at 100% ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

All statistics of ENBoost is written in editor, so you can see how many textures and memory transfered or created. Cpu usage is not the right value for checking, but you may try to see in the moment of huge lag what happens to memory statistics of enbhost.exe, if it changes much, then it definetly means that lot of data transfered.