New install, no fps drops. Add ENBoost, fps drops.

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Re: New install, no fps drops. Add ENBoost, fps drops.

I also added two video clips. They are of the worst two areas. Google Drive is slower than a slug on a cold day, so probably take 10 minutes each. Same link, per below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0cSZ ... ktFTm9Yak0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It is not fps drops, it is stuttering on videos, totally different "effect". Look at invalid textures parameter, if it increases, it means some of mods have such textures, their size in memory is invalid and to avoid bugs i generate another one as reference to check real size, it is slow process. You must find where are they, in which mod, delete them. If they are in vanilla game, then they can't be so slow, only 4k textures can give such big performance degradation (if you run game on multiple cpu cores of course). And as i said, there are no changes between 0.314 and 0.292 by that area of the code, so the problem can be also because of new drivers, others recently also reported about low framerate and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true or EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true did help. But if EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true and issue still occur, it's rather not because of invalid texture, but f* up drivers, because in this case textures written directly to video memory and not saved in enbhost.exe. So, search for textures. Btw, you can set texture quality in video options to not max (high or very high, don't remember which is max) and see counter of invalid textures will be huge and much more often stuttering, longer loading times. In general, stuttering always occur (except when EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true) with ENBoost because textures must be transfered from enbhost.exe and created again, the bigger they are, the slower they are loading (if too big to fit game memory, game crashes without ENBoost).

EDIT: maybe it's because of new parameters?:

Code: Select all

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=2
PriorityMode=3
EnableUnsafeFixes=false
Try to configure them as described on Nexus ENBoost page.

I just did a series of six screenshots each of 292 and 314. They are all from the same spot, only difference to my setup between series was changing d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe. I took them using FRAPS, including framerate overlay, but the ENB overlay must take precedence as there is no fr in screencaps. If they would help, I'll try with the frame rate overlay in the top righthand box.

To refresh memories, this is a fresh install of skyrim on a fresh install of windows 7. I have a 3930k CPU, a 1080 GTX Ti with 11GB ddr5, a Vertex 3 SSD and 64GB of DDR3 ram. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers, no geforce experience, no steam overlays, and my AV has all of my skyrim-involved folders whitelisted. The only things installed in my skyrim are skse with crashfixes and lipsync fix, cleaned DLC masters, USLEEP patch and ENBDev files.

Same link as before, but I'll include it again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0cSZ ... ktFTm9Yak0

Edit: I believe that the threads are setup according to the latest information, but as my memory usage is not high enough to worry over, I won't.

Edit 2: I added another folder, 'With Frames' and inside are 8 more of the same area from each ENB but with frames in the upper right corner. I'm hoping that this information can help with understanding this issue. From a user's perspective, .292 is smooth as the proverbial and .314 is rougher than a corncob.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Set these in enblocal.ini

Code: Select all

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false
If nothing changes to work like 0.292, it's only drivers and nobody can do anything, unless new drivers will be released for 0.314.

PS: thanks for detailed screenshots, if all people would have such reports...

I am always glad to help, I know that you can't have every graphics card available to test yourself. I am going to proceed with my build and see if I can live with those thread settings. If not, then .292 it will be. Next driver release, I'll re-test and let you know.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, but don't expect driver hints be released soon, usually it's more than half year after everything is broken and old versions of the mod are very old by time too. I just hope it's new threads setting, otherwise it will be really hard for users with new videocards.