Akamoor ENB CTD's... Anybody familiar?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Akamoor ENB CTD's... Anybody familiar?

I THINK that this ENB is one of Ewi65's works. I saw this ENB in Flickr, of all places, found what purports to be a copy and am trying to run it. As soon as I get to loading into game, Skyrim crashes as if I was missing a skeleton or something.

There is no readme, and I have never seen an install description. It is using a proxy library, and there is also an injector.ini file in the install directory. Of some note, the d3d9.dll included is for ENB 3.08....

I have played with the enblocal.ini file,
enblocal.ini
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
to no avail. However, having been 'out of action' for so long, don't know how correct my thinking is.

Here is the original enblocal that came with the download.
enblocal.orig.ini
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Again, any help is appreciated..I hope to get this running as it seems to have the 'fantasy' look that I am looking for. IFF it doesn't drop my FPS like a hot rock, that is.
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Akamoor ENB CTD's... Anybody familiar?

Do you have an enblocal.ini from a preset that's working on your system? You should never use the enblocal.ini from the preset but your own that you have set correctly for your system.

For testing, disable the proxy library and try something along these lines for [ENGINE] parameters:

Code: Select all

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=true
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=XXXX
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
Set VideoMemory by using this tool: http://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.htm

Also disable EnableUnsafeFixes=false under [THREADS].

Re: Akamoor ENB CTD's... Anybody familiar?

Thanks, Mindflux. (And thanks so much for your particle and subsurface patches)

You were correct. The enblocal that I use for enboost, slightly modified for this enb, worked a treat. (Dunno why i didn't think of that first, but then the old mental system seems to have developed a fair few bugs...)
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.