stuttering with multimonitor and ForceBorderlessFullscreen

solving problems with low performance
  • Author
*master*

stuttering with multimonitor and ForceBorderlessFullscreen

I have three monitors connected to my nvidia 1080 and I game and have the primary display set to the DVI port on a 120hz capable monitor. If I run Skyrim without ForceBorderlessFullscreen then I get about 120fps indoors and very smooth motion. If I turn on ForceBorderlessFullscreen, I still get 120fps but the motion (when looking around in game) is stuttering. If I disable my other 2 monitors in the nvidia control panel then the motion is smooth even with ForceBorderlessFullscreen on. I have vsync turned off in the game prefs and the enblocal.ini. Anyone know what I'm describing and a way to keep all three monitors on, but still get smooth motion?

Maybe there is something in the nvidia control panel? There is a setting "Multi-display/mixed -GPU acceleration" that looked promising, but changing it from it's default of "Mutliple display performance mode" to "Single display performance mode" doesn't make any difference. Everything else is at the defaults in my settings.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: stuttering with multimonitor and ForceBorderlessFullscre

I don't know details, but documentation says that windowed modes in mupliple display systems have lower performance when window is shared between several displays. If borderless stretched to several displays, maybe that's the reason.

*master*

The game window is only fullscreen on one monitor. What documentation are you talking about?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's DirectX SDK documentation. And remember, borderless mode in games means that it's windowed mode always (for full screen it doesn't matter what window type is).