Massive hit on the FPS (+/- 100)

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Massive hit on the FPS (+/- 100)

Seriously im goin crazy already, i go from 130+ fps to around 30 just from turning the ENB on, and even if i turn all the effects off the fps is still the same (wich makes no sense).
Ive tried alot of stuff took out all the mods (all the textures, smim etc) and the fps is exactly the same, so im pretty sure im doing something wrong or theres something im missing here, ive tried nlva and tetrachromatic and the fps is the same, and mind im talking about a small hut, outside i have around 40 wich makes even less sense.
My PC is gettin abit outdated but im pretty sure i should get more fps

i7 920 oc to 4.0
6gb dd3
R9 380 4GB (wich i got recently from a friend and i think its more than enough to run enb)

Another thing is when ive run Skyrim performance monitor my gpu was at 100% load all the time, i play ark wich is intensive as hell in medium/higg with 1 or 2 things in epic even and i get around 60 fps, gettin desperate after lots of hours tryin to find a solution, would appreciate any help provided, ALOT.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Massive hit on the FPS (+/- 100)

If you don't have fps limiter enabled and not enabled vsync, then:
1) Skyrim SE case - no idea, but AMD are known by awful performance with the dx11 mod.
2) Original Skyrim - maybe you have not configured ENBoost memory manager setting in enblocal.ini or play with big display resolution (2k, 4k)

ENBSeries wrote:If you don't have fps limiter enabled and not enabled vsync, then:
1) Skyrim SE case - no idea, but AMD are known by awful performance with the dx11 mod.
2) Original Skyrim - maybe you have not configured ENBoost memory manager setting in enblocal.ini or play with big display resolution (2k, 4k)
No fps limiter, nor Vsync.
Im running the original Skyrim (Legendary Edition) at 1080p and skyrim performance monitor shows my GPU at 100% usage but using less than 1000 vram, and i have 4gb, so i think the problem has nothing to do with memory if im not mistaking what you said.

I mean, it isnt normal is it? if i change the shadows on launcher to high from ultra i get like 20 more fps with the enb on, but the hit in performance is there still, i go from like 170 fps with the enb off to 50, i know enb's hit the performance abit but i highly doubt the hit is that big, especially considering the fact that it happens even with the effects off and just the enb on.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This depends from effects enabled, but also UseDefferedRendering=true decrease performance itself (but for your videocard at 1080p it shouldn't be the problem). Post your enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini content.

This has nothing to do with AMD GPU's or ENB, this is SSE awful implementation of VSync, it's double-buffered meaning you'll drop all the way down to 30fps if you can't maintain a rock solid 60fps, opposed to triple-buffered which is the standard for AAA games, which means you'll only get a bit of stutter instead of dropping half your refresh rate. You should turn the games VSync off and use Radeon Pro instead to get triple-buffered VSync, here's how:

1) Go into your SkyrimPrefs.ini (Users>Your username>Documents>My Games>SSE) and change iVSyncPresentInterval=1 to 0
2) Make a profile for SkyrimSE.exe in Radeon Pro
3) Under the 'Visual' tab: Vertical Sync Control ticked, 'Always On'
4) Under the 'Tweaks' tab: VSync control: 'Always on' 4a) Triple-buffering ticked 4b) Display refresh rate: 60 Hz 4c) 'Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate' ticked
5) Close MSI Afterburner/RTSS or any OSD (On-Screen Display) program you might have running in the background and launch the game.
Optional: If you're in the 1.3 beta patch, go into Skyrim.ini and type "bLockFramerate=0" under Display.

Download link: http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Also, don't even try using the VSync in Radeon Settings, it won't work simply because it's meant for DX9/OpenGL games, SSE is DX11.

If Radeon Pro doesn't work for you, you could also try ENBs VSync (as long as you have the games VSync and frame limiter off, of course). It's also triple buffered but it has a slight performance impact.