ENB Series OBJECTS PROCESSING, performance and tweaking.

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

ENB Series OBJECTS PROCESSING, performance and tweaking.

Seeking some information regarding objects processing and the UseOriginalObjectsProcessing setting in the ENBseries.ini for TESV: Skyrim.

My problem is that I am having FPS drops around heavily detailed areas (Riverwood for example) with the basic ENB Series activated. Ticking UseOriginalObjectsProcessing removes this stutter however this seems odd for someone running a GTX 1080 with an OC'd i5-4690k.

Ticking this setting reverts the water back to default and removes the advanced fog effects as far as I can see. However the water effects alone are not causing the drops, and messing with volumetric fog only gives me a slight improvement. So something else is responsible.

My question is what and where are the individual settings that Objects Processing alone deals with so that I can manually disable them to find the culprit? I have been unable to find them myself in game through the ENB tweaking window.

I am not willing to sacrifice the nice water effects the ENB provides but from what I can see, nothing else important is affected, so whatever it is, it can go.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB Series OBJECTS PROCESSING, performance and tweaking.

You can't do anything, it's dx9 bottleneck widely used by game increases when i modify everything drawed. It cpu dependent, not gpu.

That's unfortunate. I know running Skyrim is all about making compromises, so I just opted for lowering some settings in the launcher. I was hoping for a better solution but it is what it is.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, but i optimized internal code a lot regarding this bottleneck, can't do anything else, mod require extra computations for each object.

No need to apologise. The game is horribly designed. Your ENB has made it actually playable.