Enderal + ENBoost settings

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Enderal + ENBoost settings

So, I have been playing Enderal with these settings:

SpeedHack=True
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

The performance with my GTX 1060 was very good at first (55-60 FPS), but now I am experiencing very low framerate (25-30 FPS) and a lot of stuttering. I have made some changes to enblocal.ini, but I'm not sure if they are to blame or if I simply arrived at a certain location in the game that demands (a lot) more from my rig.

I am still confused as to what values to use on the [Memory] section, especially these ones:

[Memory]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64

ReservedMemorySizeMb in particular is still a mystery to me. I used 64 on my old laptop, and I surprisingly got less stuttering than I am getting now on my GTX 1060 (in Skyrim). Can't really compare playing Enderal, because I haven't played it on my laptop.

So, are there any recommendations for Enderal in particular?

My full enblocal.ini settings are as follows:

So, I have been playing Enderal with these settings:

SpeedHack=True

The performance with my GTX 1060 was very good at first (55-60 FPS), but now I am experiencing very low framerate (25-30 FPS) and a lot of stuttering. I have made some changes to enblocal.ini, but I'm not sure if they are to blame or if I simply arrived at a certain location in the game that demands (a lot) more from my rig.

I am still confused as to what values to use on the [Memory] section, especially these ones:

[Memory]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64

ReservedMemorySizeMb in particular is still a mystery to me. I used 64 on my old laptop, and I surprisingly got less stuttering than I am getting now on my GTX 1060 (in Skyrim). Can't really compare playing Enderal, because I haven't played it on my laptop.

So, are there any recommendations for Enderal in particular?

My full enblocal.ini settings are as follows:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//NumPad*
KeyShowFPS=106
//f12
KeyScreenshot=123
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//b
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enderal + ENBoost settings

Memory manager parameters hard to recommend, because everything depends from mods installed, game video options, drivers, amd or nvidia videocard. It's not some carefully made game without mods where each visible zone of the map do not overflow the limit of memory used for textures. Sometime users put high resolution textures in one place, so when you see them, too many ram-vram transfers occur and you have stuttering (and that's why videocard with bigger memory amount is better, including win7 and some luck that it do not have 4 gb limit of vram). So i want to say that everything must be set individually with lot of testing.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true - correct value, it must be used to enable ENBoost memory manager.
ExpandSystemMemoryX64 - if you use SKSE and don't want to bother with proper tweaking of it (it have Sheson patch with too high setting) because of crashes, then keep this value "false".
ReservedMemorySizeMb - it's amount of memory which always have dublicated data in ram and vram both with very fast deletion and creation of resources and these resources are dynamic. This means that all new objects go there first and if such objects exists long enough, they placed to usual vram (VideoMemorySizeMb), otherwise deleted from dynamic memory (ReservedMemorySizeMb). The problems starts when new resources (or short living) have too big size to fit in to ReservedMemorySizeMb or they change too fast while no memory left in static area of VideoMemorySizeMb. Of course i simplify things to explain, but it's simpler to understand.

Re: Enderal + ENBoost settings

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

I will try increasing ReservedMemorySizeMb a bit and see if it helps.

By the way, sorry for duplicating the original post, I only realized it now.

Cheers.