Speed Hack [perfomance] have no reference with ENBboost?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Speed Hack [perfomance] have no reference with ENBboost?

At first,, thanks many Boris (your ENB actually change my game experience perfectly) :P
then I have one serious (for me) question, about the enblocal.ini setting .
when I want to use ENBboost only without graphic modifcation.

I usually use ENB with graphic modification for main game preset. (select preset what I like) but sometimes, I only use "ENBboost" for perfomance to play with many heavy texture or script mods, then set Enblocal.ini, as mentioned in manyplace.

my question is, about "speed hack" [perfomance] " and
"UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics" [global]

I know Boris is not writer of STEP, but I read Step wiki, and they recommend,
to set "speed hack = ture " of [perfomance] section, or you may lost ENBboost funciton.

I found one graphic mod,(I do not mention about the mod name, it is not your mod)
then it need to set "speed hack = false " of [perfomance] if I hope to use it with ENB boost function.
I can not play without ENBboost to keep my game stabliltiy.

Then user of the MOD said, I have no need to set "speed hack = true " of [perfomance]

I actually test it, then it work, but I hope to know, the "speed hack" of [peformance] section
setting have no reference about ENBboost (without graphic modification) perfomance?

I know, there are another setting ,"UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics" [global]
and it seems clear for me.

If I use ENB boost for memory allocation, perfomance, and stability,(sorry I do not know, right word
(not native speaker) without graphic modification, I set the value as "true".
But when I use Full ENB for graphic enhancement , I must set the value as "false". it seems clear enough.

But I hope to confirm about the "UseSpeedhack" setting of [perfomance] too.
is there any disadvantage, when I set Usespeedhack = false [perfomance] with ENB boost
(without graphic modification)?

Which setting, Boris recommend ? Is the setting have no meaning, if I will not use ENB graphic modification,
but use ENBboost for peformance? :?:

I really hope to Boris confirm about this question, (or I may need to suggest STEP to change discribe,,
many new user like me, often see step document as start point, I think.
(of course I thanks all (Boris, Step community, nexus,, etc)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Speed Hack [perfomance] have no reference with ENBboost?

SpeedHack is independent from ENBoost and it is active only when ENBSeries enabled too. It optimize calls of graphic functions, most of which are disabled when ENBoost only enabled. Very few things of speed hack still enabled in ENBoost only mode as i remember.
is there any disadvantage, when I set Usespeedhack = false [perfomance] with ENB boost (without graphic modification)?
No.
In general speed hack is a thing which decrease cpu load, it's noticable performance gain only in certain situations, rigs, graphic setting. But better than nothing anyway.

Boris Thank you to teach me clear.

Though I choose ENB to get better graphic for skyrim, with your recommend setting.
As for me, there is no real substitute of ENB. ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Np