SLI bad mGPU scaling with ENB

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

SLI bad mGPU scaling with ENB

Dear all,

My problem is the following: I run Skyrim + Somber3 ENB(injector version 0.308) + ENBBOOST on my laptop (2xGTX765m SLI 2GBVRAM and i7-4700HQ 32GbRAM Win10x64) without any other mods. I reach 15-25 FPS with GPU utilization around 65-75% each. I deactivated DOF, AO/IL and every possible AA/AF options (in ENB settings and Nvidia control panel).
On the other hand, if I turn bFloatPointRenderTarget to 0, my GPU usage is 99% on both cards allowing the FPS to reach 35-50 FPS. Turning this option to 0 also brings some artifacts like the visible sun through objects.
I understand that turning bFloatPointRenderTarget to 0 deactivates graphic effects which can explain a gain in FPS and the artifacts, but why does it affect the GPU usage so badly?
So my question is the following: which effects are governed by bFloatPointRenderTarget, and is there anyone knowing which effect can affect so badly the GPU usage?
Can it be related to a V-sync problem? Turning on v-sync in Nvidia control panel also lowers my GPUs usage to 65-75% even if bFloatPointRenderTarget=0.
Many thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: SLI bad mGPU scaling with ENB

I don't know how, but guys on desktops running sli mode. It's not supported by the mod though and i can't do anything about it. Don't think it's v-sync.
FloatPointRenderTarget=1 must be set, otherwise most of mod features do not work properly at all and it's buggied as hell, it's not about effects, but purely bugs.

Interesting. The only bug/glitch I observed was the sun and rays going through objects with bFloatPointRenderTarget=0.
Anyway, for the ones using mGPUs Nvidia in SLI, setting my ENB with those settings give me the best GPU scaling 99% (except in cities by moment when CPU is on high load) and that for at least 2hrs of gameplay:

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
EnableImageBasedLighting=false
EnableReflection=false
EnableAdaptation=true
EnableBloom=true
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDetailedShadow=true
EnableSunRays=false
EnableSkyLighting=false
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableSoftParticles=true
EnableParticleLights=true
EnableSunGlare=false
EnableSubSurfaceScattering=true
EnableLens=true
EnableWater=true
EnableUnderwater=true
EnableCloudsShadow=true
EnableCloudShadows=true
EnableVolumetricRays=false

Enabling additional options (as DOF) might not affect the GPU scaling immediately but in my case make the usage from both cards going from 95-99% to 65-75% after 20-30min of gameplay and seems to happen after loading screens. This is not thermal issue, I checked.
No idea why the perfs change over-time, can maybe due to vram management?.
Anyway, hope this description can be of any help to somebody having similar problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't understand guys who find gpu usage useful at all. For casuals this parameter absolutely useless and only game developers for certain hardware setup may use it, but still it bullshit nothing close to cpu usage by it's meaning. You need to pay attention to fps only and do not use any crapware for measuring something on videocard side.