• Author

Vanishing objects using 0.308

Skyrim LE

Using Vividian ENB
GTX 980 ti, 6GB VRAM
16 GB g.Skill RAM
Samsung EVO SSD
Windows 7 x64

INI settings and enblocal.ini tweaked to near perfection.

When picking up an object in the game world, nearby objects will vanish: e.g. -- pick up a dagger, and the book and coins beside it will become invisible. Invisible items can still be interacted with / picked up. They will re-draw if you move away, interact again, or look away and back enough times.

This does NOT occur with 0.305. I see you've pulled it from the page, but maybe you want to throw it back up there?

Bonus issue -- Stuttering!

I've managed to achieve great things by lowering my "ReservedMemorySizeMb" to 64.

It seems that the 900 series cards want to process small chunks in rapid succession rather than large chunks very quickly. Makes sense, considering the trend towards multiple threads.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Vanishing objects using 0.308

There is no difference between 0.305 and 0.308 which may cause anything. More than that, such bug never existed, so it's drivers are fucked or crapware.

Drivers are Nvidia Reference v355.82. Very solid, no issues in any other games, and no issues in Skyrim using 0.305. It's possibly a very obscure conflict with one of the mods I'm using under 0.308. (This old thread exemplifies exactly what I'm seeing. http://skyrimforums.org/sf/threads/item ... bug.10989/)

I've switched back and forth between 0.305 and 0.308 three times now while troubleshooting. Under 0.308's enbhost.exe / d3d9.dll, I immediately get the issue, and it persists with every object that has Havoc attatched. Been playing for about 3 hours total under 0.305 and haven't had it happen once. Haven't changed any other files or settings.

I'll believe it's super rare...but I found it! :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know what is inside the code by comparing two versions and as said, there is nothing which can cause the issue, absolutely. May be it's driver hint for the mod, but i don't care and can't do anything about it.

That's more what I was thinking. I've now played a new character from start to just after meeting the Greybeards (+ about 8 radiant quests so I could buy Breezehome). No instances of the bug.

I reinstalled 0.308, and the first thing I touched made objects vanish. So it must be a conflict with something else. (Using Vividian + Pure Weather.) Either way, you might want to just throw 0.305 back up for DL just in case someone else hits it.

I've been talking to Mangaclub about it as well. I'll bring up the final verdict there, too. (He didn't seem super-interested either. But hey, after all you've done for so many different games -- for free -- Thank you!)