FO3 Stuttering with ENB

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

FO3 Stuttering with ENB

Hello

I have a stuttering issue with ENB. I spent a great deal of time disabling sections of mods until all were disabled, and the stuttering did not go away. The only thing that caused the stuttering to vanish was when ENB was not used.

Unfortunately, the Skyrim switch to only use the memory hack (without graphics) isn't included with this version or I would try that since I am only really interested in the expanded memory ability.

When I get FO3 loaded, initially it has high performance, but as I move the camera around the pauses and stuttering get increasingly horrible. In between these stutters, performance spikes back to normal.

The system uses 3 x 980 GTX in SLI. Is it possible there are issues with SLI? Works OK in Skyrim. I have reduced the pre-rendered frames to 1 in the driver, but that didn't help either. I've tried reducing the resolution to 1/2 and this also does not impact the ENB stuttering. I have disabled every feature I can find in ENB, but still the stuttering persists.

I have tried various settings with ReservedMemorySizeMb, up to 1024. I've also tried combinations of enabling / disabling DisableDriverMemoryManager and EnableCompression.

I have run out of things to try, aside from just playing the game Vanilla which I suppose is an option.

I should indicate that I have never been able to load the full mod list without ENB loaded since it requires ENB's memory enhancement. So, my tests where mods were disabled without ENB loaded and no stuttering existed were with a reduced mod list.

MODS:
I followed this STEP guide for my mods. No additional mods are installed. A few were eliminated for lack of interest.
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3

Could anyone please offer any suggestions? Thank you for your time

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: FO3 Stuttering with ENB

Only can give generic recomendations. To disable compression in [memorymanager] category of enblocal.ini. Set quality of textures in game video options to maximum (ultra?). Maybe it's drivers, maybe SLI, maybe antivirus or something like tha, dunno. Or maybe you have some bad texture mods installed which consume a lot video memory, so rotating the camera require extra amount of textures copied from ram to vram. And make sure VRamSizeTest dx9 used to set available video memory size.