Skyrim using enb .292 .305 crashes frequently

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Skyrim using enb .292 .305 crashes frequently

Hi, recently decided to pull out skyrim for a few plays before the remaster vesion, so I've switched from 0.108 with Stakado enb to 0.292 /0.305 with Vividan/Realvision/other newer enb.

However, if I use 0.305 version, the game would crash within a minute or two, always within 3 minutes. If I use 0.292, it would last to about 5~10 minutes, then ctd.

Is the GTX960 simply not good enough for the new enbs? Using 0.108 with Stakado is much more stable, but that's what I had been doing with my old HD4850 & phenom x3 720 for many years. :?

My rig:
i5-4460
12gb ram
120g ssd, 1tb HD
GTX960 2gb gigabyte
win7

Previously I've tired tweaked the ini, turn off the depth of field, using the 2gb enblocal.ini fix from nexus and change iMaxAnisotropy=16 to 6, skse.ini memory fix and a few other tweaks, but it still keeps crashing after getting into the game for a few minute (past the logo, new game or load game screen) It crashes no matter it's in interior or exterior.

Is there something I should do to fix this or the only way to play the game with enb is rolling back with the old enb setup? I'm not using any higher texture mod by the way, only texture related mods are a few armor mod such as immersive armor, historical revival (roman armor), bikini armor and ccbe.

It often just crashes right at start within the small cell from alternative life, which only has 1 statue a few trinkets and the main character, so I don't think it's a texture overloading problem but I'm not sure. I'm also playing the game on 1280x1024 so should be less resource demanding.

I know gtx960 isn't the best card for gaming, hope it isn't a potato card already. :( Thanks in advance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim using enb .292 .305 crashes frequently

I have no idea. There are many posts like that last two months. Driver or other software incompatibility problem.