Fresh Win 7 install, no 'crapware' what Nvidia driver?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Re: Fresh Win 7 install, no 'crapware' what Nvidia driver?

mindflux wrote:Are you testing with the default ENB preset? I take it that your Skyrim is a new install as well?

I'm on Windows 10 currently with nothing special in the enblocal.ini.
What GPU do you have? And could you post your current enblocal.ini? I am now very much wondering if the 700 series titan is actually the 'problem'.
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.

AgainstAllAutority wrote:LM5.exe sounds weird, are you sure thats original windows distributive?
quick google told me that LM5.exe could be LabelMark and i believe thats not a part of stock windows...
Not a bad eye... (but isn't it actually lms.exe?)It is actually a part if Intel's' Management engine, which is a necessary tool to properly manage the chipset on this old asus p9x79 PRO MB... Among other things the IME takes care of PCI lane management. And, no - it is not part of Win 7 native install
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Now your list of processes looks like it should. Intall DirectX Runtime Standalone, then run the game without mod installed in windowed mode and make screenshot of processes again.

ENBSeries wrote:Now your list of processes looks like it should. Intall DirectX Runtime Standalone, then run the game without mod installed in windowed mode and make screenshot of processes again.
It's going to be difficult to install Skyrim without installing steam... Which won't install without having a network card driver installed... Which means that everything looking for a driver is going to grab drivers.... Which is how Win 7 works - by design.

NO ONE runs Skyrim (legally) with only 30 processes... Steam kicks off two? Three? More? by itself. As to running Skyrim in SVGA mode... Why? Sure don't need an ENB then, do I?

Real world calling Boris... What do you want me to do?

EDIT: Installed NIC card driver, installed Steam and Skyrim (Some win updates are sneaking through, even though told to let me decide...). Skyrim won't run in windowed mode in SVGA. Doubt that it will run at all in SVGA. Disabled NIC card's drivers, took screenshot of processes now...
Last edited by croc on 24 Jun 2016, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm running Titan Black (Kepler, 700-series) on Windows 10 with no issues, so it's not that.

Just install the drivers you need to install Steam, the latest DirectX 9.0c runtime (http://bit.ly/1Np6fsw) and of course the Geforce driver of your choice (the game won't run without).

I believe Windows automatically installs some of the Intel chipset drivers.

mindflux wrote:I'm running Titan Black (Kepler, 700-series) on Windows 10 with no issues, so it's not that.

Just install the drivers you need to install Steam, the latest DirectX 9.0c runtime (http://bit.ly/1Np6fsw) and of course the Geforce driver of your choice (the game won't run without).

I'd LOVE to get Skyrim running on my Windows 10 install with an ENB version more recent than 262. But It. Just. Won't. Do. It. It will run Witcher 3 just fine.... FO4? No problemo... Skyrim withe newer ENB? INSTANT CTD'sViILLE! Which is why Boris and I are playing games.

*sensei*

usually CTD refer to MB/RAM problems... and ENB is quite a stress-test for hardware.
1. remove any kind of overclock and reset BIOS to defaults
2. if u have more then 1 RAM "plank" - try to remove some of ram modules and load OS and game with only 1 module installed.
2a. if u have only 1 RAM plank - plug into another RAM dock and load OS and game.
3. combine 2 and 2a in any variations

4. ???

AgainstAllAutority wrote:usually CTD refer to MB/RAM problems... and ENB is quite a stress-test for hardware.
1. remove any kind of overclock and reset BIOS to defaults
2. if u have more then 1 RAM "plank" - try to remove some of ram modules and load OS and game with only 1 module installed.
2a. if u have only 1 RAM plank - plug into another RAM dock and load OS and game.
3. combine 2 and 2a in any variations

4. ???
#4 is correct.

There are test suites for testing ram, and I have one for vram as well. Disassembling / re-assembling needs to be done carefully, preferably with static mat and wrist strap. Your RAM didn't come packed in that (rather expensive) antistatic-coated Mylar for nothing.

A few tools that should be in anyone's toolbox...

Coreinfo
Coretemp
CPU-Z
fraps
GPU-z
MemTest
VMT

Oh - And a static mat and a grounded wrist strap. (A cheap static mat can be a MB's antistat bag, with a wire clipped to it, that goes to the ground lug on an electric outlet. If you have to ask about ground lug, don't do it.)

mindflux wrote:I'm running Titan Black (Kepler, 700-series) on Windows 10 with no issues, so it's not that.

Regarding your directx link... I prefer the June 2010 version, not the web installer version. (I do have both.) It can be found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... px?id=8109 This version seems to be the 'gold standard' that most compare to.

*sensei*

well since none of our proposal worked for you, i see only few possible conclusions:

1) you are that mythical 0.5% of users who wont ever get it right.. without any obvious reasons
2) hardware is shit
3) ur cpu get hit by fast neutron each time u want to play skyrim with enb :D
4) you are a fat troll, sir!

seems i cant help you any more, sorry!

ps. once i had repeatable problem with stalker game - i always get CTD upon loading up a saved game, however i was able to load a save after quick save/load on new game or load underground save. Totally no clue why it happens. I've switched to nvidia sound output (the one through hdmi to monitor) and that weird action solved my problem)