Fresh Win 7 install, no 'crapware' what Nvidia driver?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Fresh Win 7 install, no 'crapware' what Nvidia driver?

I have formatted a drive and installed a fresh win 7 pro 64 bit. I have downloaded every Nvidia driver that Nvidia has available (well, easily) back to early 2015 / late 2014. What driver is best to run for ENB 0.305? Hint: Don't mention either of the two most recent, instant CTD's as soon as the 'new game' page tries to load.

My registry is backed up with NO video driver installed other than the base level driver needed by install. (There are also no NIC card drivers or chipset drivers...) <-- (Look, Boris - NO CRAPWARE!!!) -->

System: i7 3930k, GTX Titan (700 series) 64 GB ddr3 RAM

I'd REALLY like to play Skyrim some before the new remastered version comes out next October...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fresh Win 7 install, no 'crapware' what Nvidia driver?

If you're saying that the game crashes with any driver all the way to those that date to late 2014 it sounds like there's something else wrong.

For me Skyrim + ENB works just fine even with the very latest driver.

mindflux wrote:If you're saying that the game crashes with any driver all the way to those that date to late 2014 it sounds like there's something else wrong.

For me Skyrim + ENB works just fine even with the very latest driver.
No, I am saying that on my system I cannot get Skyrim to load into the 'new, load..' game page in either win 7 or win 10, using ENB 0.305 (or, any ENB 0.297 or newer), with either of the 2 most recent Nvidia drivers. Boris suggested that I needed to use an older driver, so I got all of the older drivers I can find. Boris also suggested that I had too much 'crapware', so now I have a virgin Win 7 to play with as well.

Perhaps there is a mistake in how I am configuring my local ini file. Perhaps 305 doesn't like my GPU.

OK, what OS are you using, and how is your enblocal.ini configured?
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Show screenshot of all processes in task manager with checked box "for all users".

ENBSeries wrote:Show screenshot of all processes in task manager with checked box "for all users".
This is the processes from a bare win 7 SP1. I included a screen capture of the device manager, you can see that the display adapter is using the VGA driver, and there is no network adapter driver. The other three pages are the 43 processes that are running.

Edit: So, now what version of Nvidia driver will work in this system using ENB 0.305?
I have been absent from gaming / modding for a while. For those that are curious, it was cancer - throat and tongue, both malignant, both harshly dealt with. No one is giving me any time-to-live at the moment, so I just basically don't give a shit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Are you testing with the default ENB preset? I take it that your Skyrim is a new install as well?

I'm on Windows 10 currently with nothing special in the enblocal.ini.

*sensei*

LM5.exe sounds weird, are you sure thats original windows distributive?
quick google told me that LM5.exe could be LabelMark and i believe thats not a part of stock windows...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Terminate all Intel processes and those from sound card. It's not pure Win7.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Btw, do you have DirectX Runtime Standalone installed (summer 2010 release if i remember)?

ENBSeries wrote:Btw, do you have DirectX Runtime Standalone installed (summer 2010 release if i remember)?
No, I don't. Yet. Edit: I have it, but it has not been run on this drive.

You want me to remove all my chipset drivers? OooKaay....

Simpler to re-install and remove all drivers from drive. Here's Win 7 (sans SP1) with nothing that did not come in the .cab's.